Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,863 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the name or any other information for the subdivision being built next door to Marvin Ridge High School?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 PM

451 posts, read 712,261 times
I believe it is going to be Rosecliff, 46 lots with no trees on 50 acres. unicorp UC, not Marvin. But will go MRHS.

Rosecliff Waxhaw NC Home Builder, New Homes | David Weekley Homes

Ladera has just started framing on New Town next to PDS. unicorp UC, MRHS.

John Wieland is also going to start on a new project across from PDS. unicorp UC, MRHS.

Looks like grading is about to start south of Rea near Providence on Highclere, Mel Graham project. 45 lots on 56 acres. Good luck on the sewer. Weddington but will also go MRHS.

Last edited by SunshineCJ; 12-31-2014 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-01-2015, 01:23 PM

309 posts, read 765,898 times
Who's going to buy all these houses? Most of them will probably start better than $600K and the Marvin market is already appears to be saturated with houses $650K and up. Just do a search for PDS, PD, Longview, etc. and you will see plenty of houses in that range that aren't moving and have been sitting for months.

And I understand the appeal of new vs. pre-existing, but Tullamore and the Preserve don't seem to be doing much better.

Last edited by somersmom; 01-01-2015 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: grammar helps

Old 01-02-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersmom View Post
Who's going to buy all these houses?
All the people who currently live in Weddington Chase looking to stay at Marvin and get out before the Publix is approved...

Old 01-02-2015, 01:33 PM

30 posts, read 63,752 times
SunshineCJ - May I ask where did you hear about John Wieland building across from PDS?

Old 01-02-2015, 02:17 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Who's going to buy all these houses? Most of them will probably start better than $600K and the Marvin market is already appears to be saturated with houses $650K and up. Just do a search for PDS, PD, Longview, etc. and you will see plenty of houses in that range that aren't moving and have been sitting for months.

And I understand the appeal of new vs. pre-existing, but Tullamore and the Preserve don't seem to be doing much better.
I would tend to agree. The market seems saturated at that point... I need to do some MLS research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
I believe it is going to be Rosecliff, 46 lots with no trees on 50 acres. unicorp UC, not Marvin. But will go MRHS.

Rosecliff Waxhaw NC Home Builder, New Homes | David Weekley Homes

Ladera has just started framing on New Town next to PDS. unicorp UC, MRHS.

John Wieland is also going to start on a new project across from PDS. unicorp UC, MRHS.

Looks like grading is about to start south of Rea near Providence on Highclere, Mel Graham project. 45 lots on 56 acres. Good luck on the sewer. Weddington but will also go MRHS.
You left off Ryan's Belle Grove off Bonds Grove another 650k+ neighborhood already selling. There are others.

Quote:
All the people who currently live in Weddington Chase looking to stay at Marvin and get out before the Publix is approved...
Cute idea, but that will not be a significant number of homes... most houses in WC sell in the 5s. They'd need a back-up plan to get back into MR with a new JW home across from PDS - although I'm really not sure at this point who would flop back after a year at Weddington.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:27 PM

We're in WC and none of my neighbors has any plan to sell their house to get back into Marvin. In fact, most of the families we know with school-age kids are very pleased with the Weddington schools. Personally, having experienced Marvin and Weddington schools, I am much happier with Weddington.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgemill MC View Post
SunshineCJ - May I ask where did you hear about John Wieland building across from PDS?
Sign went up last week or the week before. Really more across from Ladera than from PDS.

Quote:
We're in WC and none of my neighbors has any plan to sell their house to get back into Marvin. In fact, most of the families we know with school-age kids are very pleased with the Weddington schools. Personally, having experienced Marvin and Weddington schools, I am much happier with Weddington.
I know a few that have since redistricting and more than a few that are thinking about it with the shopping center plans. You guys won't be able to get out of the neighborhood if it's done not to mention what NCDOT wants to do to 16. It's got to be one of if not the worst intersections in UC these days, especially at rush hour. Marvin's biggest issue right now is traffic and it's a bottleneck for everybody in the area not just for those that live in Marvin.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:56 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
If traffic is the issue, then any of the other sub-divisions will have the same issue won't they?

We live in Marvin and plan to sell. We had hoped by Spring but we have quite a bit left to do in renovations, so it may not be ready by then.

We will not be re-districted as we live so close to the school.

Quote:
Sign went up last week or the week before. Really more across from Ladera than from PDS.

I know a few that have since redistricting and more than a few that are thinking about it with the shopping center plans. You guys won't be able to get out of the neighborhood if it's done not to mention what NCDOT wants to do to 16. It's got to be one of if not the worst intersections in UC these days, especially at rush hour. Marvin's biggest issue right now is traffic and it's a bottleneck for everybody in the area not just for those that live in Marvin.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I have mixed emotions about that shopping center, but it's probably happening no matter what we do. The best scenario is to work with the town and developers to make the best situation possible for WC. As it is, it's almost impossible to get out onto Providence at certain times, so lights could at least regulate that situation. And at least there will be some attention to traffic issues given that there are new developments going in up and down 16 that will feed into 16.

With all those developments going into Marvin piecemeal, good luck at that New Town/Marvin School Road intersection or the Crane/New Town intersection. Nobody seems to want to do anything about those nightmares or even acknowledge that there will be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte