Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2018, 10:20 AM

486 posts, read 464,713 times

Advertisements

We plan on moving to the mint hill area Nov 2018. I called packrat for the moving truck. For 28 foot truck and for 2 movers to load and unload is under 3000. The driver will take our stuff to the storage facility for us also. Good deal??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiralHalsey View Post
What is your opinion on the development around the outlet mall? That would be a convenient place to live but I'm afraid the traffic is horrible and it looks kind of crowded.
It is very nice over there, I have a couple of friends who bought homes in the new developments around the outlet mall and they all love it. Traffic can get a high on 485 and the exits over there. Sounds like that is near your job so I think you might not have to deal with most of the traffic. And depending on your hours it might be even better. Home values on that side is also rising and with the expansions planned there it will most likely continue to improve. If there is a specific property you have questions about feel free to reach out, I can get some info on it

Old 01-30-2018, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm10269123 View Post
We plan on moving to the mint hill area Nov 2018. I called packrat for the moving truck. For 28 foot truck and for 2 movers to load and unload is under 3000. The driver will take our stuff to the storage facility for us also. Good deal??
Where are you moving from? I have some local contacts that might be better priced.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:10 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Does anyone have experience with the VA hospital? I plan to move to Ft Mill or Rock Hill but since there is only an outpatient clinic there, I'll probably need to come to Charlotte.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:14 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Does anyone have experience with the VA hospital? I plan to move to Ft Mill or Rock Hill but since there is only an outpatient clinic there, I'll probably need to come to Charlotte.
Charlotte HealthCare Center is also a community based outpatient clinic (though a rather large one with a brand new facility). The hospital / medical center for the VA serving the Charlotte area is actually in Salisbury.

Rock Hill is actually just as close to the Columbia, SC Medical Center, so that might be your preferred hospital and is in the Southeast District for the VA like the Rock Hill Clinic. Salisbury will be in the Mid-Atlantic network (NC & VA).

Old 02-06-2018, 01:50 PM

14 posts, read 16,576 times
Hi everyone,
I have accepted a job offer yesterday and have to start on March 1. Job is in Pineville. I will be moving first, and wife with two little kids are coming in a month. I need to rent a studio or a hotel room for a month and rent a larger apt before family comes. Any suggestions where and how much to expect for rent? Prefer to have furnished studio in a gated community with some amenities and parking not too far from Carolina place pkwy. Would appreciate any help.and advise.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Search online for furnished workforce housing from places like StayFurnished and also check classifieds online. If you need to go the hotel route, expect around $1,650 a month at one of the exntended stay hotels in the Pineville area such as the Extended Stay America off Highway 51.

Many of the workforce housing companies secure rooms in regular apartments buildings, furnish them, and will rent them out on a 2 week to 30 day basis.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:20 PM

14 posts, read 16,576 times
CLT4 thanks a lot. Will do

Also, I was looking at Ballantyne area.
Is it a safe, convenient area to live?

Old 02-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&Queens View Post
CLT4 thanks a lot. Will do

Also, I was looking at Ballantyne area.
Is it a safe, convenient area to live?
Ballantyne is a desirable and safe suburban area of the City of Charlotte. It is a newer area with a mix of starter homes to luxury custom built homes on golf courses. Median household income is high and the schools are highly ranked.

It has restaurants and a mix of small shops to big box shopping. You are pretty much in the central hub of South Charlotte.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:18 PM

13 posts, read 36,145 times
I guess I’m posting in the proper place!?

My wife and I are retiring within 2 years, 60 and 58.. (and young at heart, east coast liberals- which say with pride!, we love great restaurants, shopping, I love riding motorcycles). both kids will be out of college. Son already graduated U of SC and works for Samsung and lives in Columbia, SC. Daughter will be a BSN, RN and will probably follow us. We want out of high tax NJ, our property tax is $20K.

We’re flying to Charlotte to check out the area in 2 weeks, meeting a realtor... looks like Ballantyne areas as well as towards Lake Wylie, that Paradise Lakes area. Also north towards Davidson. We’re looking at the $500-$700k Home range. Any tips, insights I should know, ask?

We’re also considering Alpharetta, Johns Creek, in GA., etc... Mt. Pleasant outside Charleston, Greenville, SC (bit too conservative-right for me..?) Asheville didn’t do it for us, btw.

Any help would be great, TIA

PHIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte