Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 12:58 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
Sorry it’s not my full time job to read all these posts. Now hurry off and respond to every single post on here so you can win something.
LOL! Do you have time to at least read the ones you respond too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 10:18 AM

10 posts, read 19,019 times
Default Trying to narrow down Charlotte suburbs

Hello,

We are a family of 4, with a 6 and 9 year old who are seriously considering a move down to NC this summer. We are trying to narrow down towns where we would like to live and are currently researching the following areas:

Waxhaw, NC
Weddingston, NC
Fort Mil, SC

We would like to stay around $500k for housing and of course, good schools are a very important factor in our decision. Other factors that are important to us is safety, family friendly atmosphere/community, diversity, and nearby outdoor activities. We would also very much like to be near commerce - malls, restaurants, etc...

Any insight you can provide into any of these towns or other towns that we may have overlooked, would be SO GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 03-14-2018, 04:31 PM

8 posts, read 23,423 times
Default Help!.......

I have been in my current city for only three months (Nashville)and my experiences here have been very unsettling! I have been doing research on Charlotte for some time now! Im hoping to visit in May to get a feel for the city, where should my husband and I start?

Old 03-14-2018, 07:19 PM

13 posts, read 36,145 times
We visited a couple weeks ago... we got a feel for the city by spending our first day driving to the Lake Norman area, Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson, then spent the next day and half with an agent, who drove us around ALL the neighborhoods as well as we toured 6 properties we picked out in advance. Palisades area, Ballantyne, Fort Mill, etc.

Really like Charlotte, good chance we’re gonna be moving there. NJ property taxes are crushing.

BTW, what’s wrong with Nashville?

Old 03-15-2018, 04:46 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRobinson10 View Post
I have been in my current city for only three months (Nashville)and my experiences here have been very unsettling! I have been doing research on Charlotte for some time now! Im hoping to visit in May to get a feel for the city, where should my husband and I start?
What are you looking for in a neighborhood, new city, and what do you not want to repeat from Nashville?

Do you need to find jobs here? Housing budget? Activity preferences?

Old 03-15-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2ge View Post
We visited a couple weeks ago... we got a feel for the city by spending our first day driving to the Lake Norman area, Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson, then spent the next day and half with an agent, who drove us around ALL the neighborhoods as well as we toured 6 properties we picked out in advance. Palisades area, Ballantyne, Fort Mill, etc.

Really like Charlotte, good chance we’re gonna be moving there. NJ property taxes are crushing.

BTW, what’s wrong with Nashville?
I'm a black American female, the looks I get and slight disrespect, and guess what I don't even have to part my lips, plus housing is to expensive for no reason! Thanks for responding!

Old 03-15-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
What are you looking for in a neighborhood, new city, and what do you not want to repeat from Nashville?

Do you need to find jobs here? Housing budget?
Activity preferences?
Thanks! And yes we need to plan for all of the above!
Nashville is full of racial tension,which I understand is all over but smh it's terrible! Im looking for spring /summer festivals, museums, reasonable housing( not skyrocket prices), decent education systems, great weather, prominent nightlife and close proximity to other great cities for travel, also a great entrepreneur's scene!

Old 03-15-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I'm a black American female, the looks I get and slight disrespect, and guess what I don't even have to part my lips, plus housing is to expensive for no reason! Thanks for responding!
There is a reason housing is expensive in Nashville...the area is growing rapidly. And so is Charlotte. Prices in Charlotte may be slightly less than N'ville, but not a lot.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
There is a reason housing is expensive in Nashville...the area is growing rapidly. And so is Charlotte. Prices in Charlotte may be slightly less than N'ville, but not a lot.
Yes,I understand but Charlotte is cheaper on housing!

Old 03-15-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Yes,I understand but Charlotte is cheaper on housing!
Some, not a lot. Whats your budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte