Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:23 AM

795 posts, read 4,538,319 times

Advertisements

I am going to disagree with you on the sex offender list. I used to own property in that general area and do not anymore and would not ever again no matter how much it improved.

I would agree that Alexander Place is probably the best on that list in terms of safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 01:18 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
Check in the apartments along Sharon Lakes Road and Sharon Road West - not that far from South Park. You don't need to stoop as low as Grier Heights (don't even know of any apt complexes there!). Also check out Swan Run in South Charlotte - it's in a very quiet area but has no public transit.
Might need to take a drive through Grier Heights as it has been almost totally UPgraded with new apts AND townhomes and individual homes in the past 5 yrs. I had to drive through last week when the traffic lights were 'down' for 5 hrs at Wendover & Monroe Rd. and traffic was backed up. I was shocked at what I saw!

Old 03-09-2015, 01:25 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalra View Post
Hi all! Thanks for the feedback - I have a list of about 12 apartments. I've ruled out all the one's in east Charlotte from what I've read on this forum, and I've narrowed it down to these three: Andover Woods Apartments, Laurel Walk Apartments, and Landmark at Lynden Square. Can you tell me anything about these apartments specifically? Also, looking into Alexander Place apartments but I can't find their pricing information online - does anyone know the price of a 1 bedroom?
Apartmentfinder.com...then use the MAPS VIEW at the top and the different apt complexes will pop up and show you the range of their rentals and prices.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:57 PM

777 posts, read 2,568,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
Might need to take a drive through Grier Heights as it has been almost totally UPgraded with new apts AND townhomes and individual homes in the past 5 yrs. I had to drive through last week when the traffic lights were 'down' for 5 hrs at Wendover & Monroe Rd. and traffic was backed up. I was shocked at what I saw!

Hahahahahahaha.
Grier Heights, which now has a violent crime rate that is five times the city average, recently made news when Charlotte-Mecklenburg police announced they are installing specialized gunshot detection sensors in the neighborhood.

Read more here: Now known as Grier Heights, Jimmie Kirkpatrick

Google "grier heights homicide" sometime. Only a "few" murders in this small neighborhood last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte