Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 AM

6 posts, read 14,844 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Wife and I are going this weekend and into next week to check out Charlotte & Ft Mill areas. After reading many threads here about scary home builders and crime, I am a little nervous but willing to check it out and get my own take on things. A good friend just moved to Denver NC and will be showing me around but I need a realtor to show me around developments. Is this something others have done and if so would you reccommend any realtors? I feell ike every one of them works for the buildres and will say anything so looking of course for someone objective.

thanks kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,953,609 times
There are many Realtor's available in the area. If you would like I could put you in contact with ours. Also what price range are you considering as this can make a big difference.

Good Luck!

Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Moderator Note:

In you suggestion responses to this member please only direct message names becareful not to spam.
Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 07:41 AM

6 posts, read 14,844 times
price range i would say $250k.... thanks for any help and sugegstions. We have 6 month old baby so looking for a nice place to stay liek a comfort suites with a refridge & sink...

Old 01-19-2008, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,657 times
Default Scary!

my husband & i have lived here for almost 3 years now...and well now having a 1 year old we are planning our next move out of charlotte. when you turn the local news on...all you hear about is crime! no lie! i will not put my child through the school system here. guns at school...shootings at school...GANGS galore! not a good place to raise a family. if i were you i would reconsider. and i hope more people who are considering moving to charlotte read my reply.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healinghands5975 View Post
my husband & i have lived here for almost 3 years now...and well now having a 1 year old we are planning our next move out of charlotte. when you turn the local news on...all you hear about is crime! no lie! i will not put my child through the school system here. guns at school...shootings at school...GANGS galore! not a good place to raise a family. if i were you i would reconsider. and i hope more people who are considering moving to charlotte read my reply.
Gangs galore? While even one gang member is one too many, in a city this size to have a couple of thousand gang members is not really surprising, though hardly a huge amount.

Shootings at school? You mean the one this week? This is the first one in over ten years that I can recall. And reports are this was not an attack by one student on another but rather a gun being shown around that was accidentally fired.

You are certainly entitled to your perceptions and the reality they create for you, just be aware that your reality may not be exactly accurate for the rest of us living here.

People like our op should be sure to visit, research the issues and decide for themselves if this is a good place to be. Most of us who are raising our kids here seem to think it is

Old 01-20-2008, 04:51 PM

18 posts, read 39,600 times
Maybe everyone should come to Los Angeles for a week for a little "gang" perspective. I'm very excited to come check out the area and I'm quite sure that nothing in NC is going to phase me; it will be a welcome, beautiful, change of pace.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM

201 posts, read 968,752 times
Tee hee. I'm from NY (lived on Long Island and in Queens)...I find that they report just about everything on the news...and this is hardly what I call a high crime area (I'm in Ballantyne renting and am buying in Matthews right across from Providence Plantation)...I'm scared. LOL....It is so nice and peaceful here. I feel QUITE safe. Maybe if you go to the east and west of the city things are worse (?). But I guess it's all relevant. Coming from NY...you will be pleasantly surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte