Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 PM

17 posts, read 54,433 times

Advertisements

I am a 36 year old single African American female looking to relocate from Maryland to Charlotte sometime this year and I am looking at buying a home and wanted to get feedback on the Old Stone Crossing subdivsion. Is it a good , safe place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 08:17 PM

782 posts, read 3,789,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseisthe1 View Post
I am a 36 year old single African American female looking to relocate from Maryland to Charlotte sometime this year and I am looking at buying a home and wanted to get feedback on the Old Stone Crossing subdivsion. Is it a good , safe place to live?
Another question too add.Is it still one way in and out? Easy going in and a long wait coming out.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:18 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseisthe1 View Post
If you're a single female, Old Stone Crossing would be very nice. It has a very good number of African-Americans that live there, including some "single" guys that I know. Ha!!! But if you have kids, you might want to reconsider, because the school assignments for that community are not the best. But again, if you're single, I'd say its probably a very good place for you.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:20 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboy View Post
Another question too add.Is it still one way in and out? Easy going in and a long wait coming out.
Its definitly not one way in, one way out. There are at least three entrances that I am aware of.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:23 PM

782 posts, read 3,789,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
If you're a single female, Old Stone Crossing would be very nice. It has a very good number of African-Americans that live there, including some "single" guys that I know. Ha!!! But if you have kids, you might want to reconsider, because the school assignments for that community are not the best. But again, if you're single, I'd say its probably a very good place for you.
Actually had a contract to build in old stone,but never knew of the school system.I guess it dont matter now.The sale consultant told me the schools was great.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:56 AM

17 posts, read 54,433 times
Default Thanks for the advice Carolina Blue

I will keep your advice about the single guys in Old Stone Crossing in mind ! Good lookin' out!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 AM

11 posts, read 33,424 times
Default Cute homes in Old Stone Crossing

The homes for sale in there are so nice and they like almost new inside. I have a friend who is selling her house in that subdivision and she needs to move asap if you are interested.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:41 AM

8 posts, read 24,081 times
Trying to bring this thread back to life... Any one else have comments about this neighborhood? We're seriously considering buying a saussy burbank house here, and would love to have as much input as possible about the area. So far, the only strike against it is the commute to downtown for me.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:53 AM

65 posts, read 244,904 times
I have friends who moved there from Florida over a year ago. They bought a KHOV home. It is beautiful. We have visited several times and it is such a lovely community. Definitely more than one way in and out.

Quite a few African American families in the community (don't know any single guys). They did say that the schools were horrible and they are considering putting their youngest son in private school. Since you are single it doesn't matter but you never know what the future holds.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM

8 posts, read 24,081 times
Does anyone know when that Lowe's Foods is supposed to be finished? Someone told me that sign had been up for quite a while with no action. And are there a lot of grocery store options close by? Seems like that neighborhood is a bit off the beaten path... Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte