Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 04:44 PM

250 posts, read 563,241 times

Advertisements

Will appreciate any help/advice on how to land a good career in the Telecommunication/Networking/Electronic technology/Utility field. I'm presently in CT and have been researching for about a year now. I was in Charlotte twice last year with wifey to have good feel of the place.

Tried Dice,Careerbuilder,Monster,Indeed and various companies web site but surprisingly, I have not receive a single call yet. I'm wandering if there are really jobs there. Friends assert there are jobs there and I do want to belive that. I have NC address and contact phone # thinking that would work but to no avail. I'm willing to to take a temp(preferably technical) job for a start

I really love Charlotte and really want to move there before spring. Currently out of work now. I have Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology with about 5 years experience in both technology and manufacturing. I deem this is the right time to head down and sort things out. Any one with suggestion, contacts or links with any recruiters in and around Charlotte.

I intend to rent for the first year, so I am not really crazy about where to live in Charlotte just a decent place for now, wife is down to earth with that idea and prefer Steele Creek area for 6months to a year rental so we can study Charlotte/Fort Mill housing market.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 05:20 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Did you go to the AT&T website? AT&T Mobility was the former Cingular Wireless. The regional office is on Arrowood, so you living in Steele Creek would work. Check out SunCom & Alltel. There is an IBM office on Tyvola...IT network people..friend of a neighbor works there.

From a former Nutmegger, best of luck. It takes a while....like 6 months or so. Be patient. PM me for recruiter recommendations.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:30 PM

Yes I have checked AT&T and have an application pending. Glad to know IBM is around the corner from Steele Creek. Will check them out soon. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:58 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinda94 View Post
Yes I have checked AT&T and have an application pending. Glad to know IBM is around the corner from Steele Creek. Will check them out soon. Thanks for the info.
I misspoke about IBM. I think it's Microsoft! Sorry!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it and hope to break through with that. I have thought of the working from home thing and looking into that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: