Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
You're welcome...I DO my homework on here. I don't have a heart of stone, but have taken 'care' of these peeps my whole life and am TIRED of the 3rd Generation of them bleeding the System dry.
Then, the day comes, and one of US (peeps who worked from the time they were age 15 on) and we cannot get any help because we are clueless about HOW the System works! IF the OP was truly in need (where is the Mom she speaks about who won't even give her a ride to the drug store??) or even wanted to find out IF she is preg-o she'd WALK to the Dollar Store and buy a handful of pregnancy test as I'm betting she'll be needing them in the future...regardless of her pregnancy status THIS month.
WHO's caring for baby #1??
SO MANY good women who WANT to care for a child and cannot get pregnant and this 'alleycat' is going to have them one after another.
Might be time for a career change - something less stressful. You went off on a simple question, regardless of motive, simply answer it constructively and move on.

Did it occur to you that the information might be of benefit to someone else who is to frightened to speak up - one of those "legit" women you speak of.

I've posted two shelters which do amazing work with women who find themselves in all sorts of situations and from my interaction with them, you never know what *really* what happened to someone. The stories are beyond heartbreaking however fortunately through places that provide help without the initial requirement to be judged there's a lot of women who do a 180 and turn there lives around.

Seriously, just roll up your window and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
Besides conventional homeless shelters or section 8, which takes forever, is there any completely free housing program designed for single mothers under the age of 25 (I am 21) who are unemployed? Thank you.
Pregnancy Scare

According to this post, you don't even know if you're pregnant yet after your one-night stand.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:17 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
And this is why the real needy ones that genuinely can use the help and will use it effectively gets judged. Because of people like the OP who ruins it for everyone. Utterly disgusting and quite disappointing. I feel so badly for the people around her that have to deal with her.
EXACTLY my points! SHE, and people who ABUSE THE SYSTEM, which was meant originally, (3 generations ago) as a 'hand-up' in a bad time, is now a multi-generational 'lifestyle'. I actually HAD a time in my life, when I lost my eye suddenly to a detaching retina, at a new job with a waiting period to my HC insurance, when I needed a 'hand-up'. I had worked since age 15 and left home at 17 and worked til this happened at age 55...with a teenager and his raging hormones in the house. If it was not for the goodness of my own Optician Doctor, who did my eye exams at that time, for free because he knew what I was facing, I'd have been lost worse.
I had no clue as to HOW to file Medicaid, WHERE to go to do so, and my SON was so embarrassed by the whole 'indignity' of it all HE was more problem than losing my eye after 10 eye surgeries in 4 months! AND, by the way, the WORKERS, in that System, give you ZERO HELP in how to navigate!!! It's like they want to see a 'professional person' FAIL and many times I was sure MY case worker went into another room, with her peers, and laughed at HOW STOOPID THIS WOMAN IS! I had better assistance from a woman when our cat got gravely ill and needed to be 'put down' as she found us a rescue to help feed the #2 cat and told me 'secrets' about the Food Stamp 'SYSTEM'...what I could and could not buy with them and how to get around that to buy stuff like toilet paper and laundry soap. I was too paranoid I'd lose my Nursing License to do those, but once one person told me some 'secrets' I was able to find a bit more via the Internet at the libraries.
Yes, Momtothree, people like this 'kill it' for the rare, one time, user who needs help. If I'd had to pay for those 10 eye surgeries, and then 3 more surgeries when the change in eyesight made me miss my bed edge and fall, breaking my lower leg, knee and a forearm 5 months out, I'd have never recovered....NEVER.
So, maybe this gives some who want to help this 'parasite' a hand a better view of why I don't and won't.
I'm adding a link that I found this morning about a second type of 'abortion pill' that I guess you can take up to 45-ish days out...another 'option' for the OP IF she truly has no desire to be a mom. I doubt she will actually DO anything but bring a helpless child into the already messy World from what she has already written and all of the 'excuses' she has for being a victim.
How to do an Abortion with Pills (misoprostol, cytotec)? — Women on Waves
There Miker...here is help for another who is too 'shy' to post....but I'll leave when I choose to, thanks. I'm retired now, thank God! What a typical answer from a MAN you gave. I find it funny, that my posts on this person's 2 threads have given me more ++rates in 2 days from people than ALL the other 600+ posts I've made~~must be something said for that...even from the 'non-judgers'.

Last edited by mooksmom; 06-09-2015 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: added for Miker2069

Old 06-09-2015, 09:25 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
I had no clue as to HOW to file Medicaid, WHERE to go to do so, and my SON was so embarrassed by the whole 'indignity' of it all HE was more problem than losing my eye after 10 eye surgeries in 4 months! AND, by the way, the WORKERS, in that System, give you ZERO HELP in how to navigate!!! It's like they want to see a 'professional person' FAIL and many times I was sure MY case worker went into another room, with her peers, and laughed at HOW STOOPID THIS WOMAN IS!
Really? Did you not know how to Google? Did you consider asking your Dr.? That information is readily available. You sound like you have a serious chip on your shoulder over something

BTW, no matter how much you don't want to and won't pay for people you feel are gaining the system, you do. Unless you want to not pay your taxes, which I really wouldn't recommend.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Really? Did you not know how to Google? Did you consider asking your Dr.? That information is readily available. You sound like you have a serious chip on your shoulder over something

BTW, no matter how much you don't want to and won't pay for people you feel are gaining the system, you do. Unless you want to not pay your taxes, which I really wouldn't recommend.

I am not the OP but if I am not mistaken, I bet Google was just a pipe dream when Mooksmom went to apply for Medicaid.

And don't you see that we are indignant BECAUSE we can't stop it? Of course we won't stop paying taxes but we can sure as heck express our annoyance and vote to make a difference. Or at least try. But thanks for pointing that out yet again that we can't prevent the system be ripped off again and again.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:35 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Mooksmom, your story is similar to mine, hugs to you and kudos how you turned around. I get what you are saying, if you and I can do it, others can too. We just have different methods but the end result is the same.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:32 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Mooksmom, your story is similar to mine, hugs to you and kudos how you turned around. I get what you are saying, if you and I can do it, others can too. We just have different methods but the end result is the same.
Much appreciated, Momtothree, and the many of you (#57 so far) who don't or won't post but stopped by and gave me a pat on the back! I really have no big 'chip' on my shoulder, but 38 years taking care of these same mentality folks in the ERs of America showed me clearly what many never get to see goes on.
They enter the ER demanding (not asking for) meal trays, a bed (not a stretcher), things for their 'family' who are usually other transients they have befriended. They go rifling through all the cabinets and drawers in the rooms they are put in the minute you close the doors. Rude and demanding are just the tip of their icebergs! I lasted 38 yrs because I could work the long 12hr weekend shifts and still be home, in a normal type family, M-F with a son, some step-kids and a husband.
I could not Google the 'secrets of Medicaid and how to play the System' because I was so traumatized and shocked at losing my eye over 4 months with surgery after surgery, that I just didn't think to Google how to be a cheater. NOT who I am and not who I'd want to show my teen son to be when the going gets tough. It was 10 yr ago and thankfully I am in a MUCH BETTER place now and am retired but active in my community in several ways.
It's not my place to try and 'save' this young girl. She says she has a mom. I hope she IS NOT pregnant and thinks about an IUD that lasts 3 yrs and has few side-effects. Then she can party ON! and won't drag some poor and innocent child with her on her journey. If she turns her life into MORE...BRAVO!

Old 06-09-2015, 07:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
Besides conventional homeless shelters or section 8, which takes forever, is there any completely free housing program designed for single mothers under the age of 25 (I am 21) who are unemployed? Thank you.

Did you find out that you are pregnant?
If you are then you should be spending your time on the internet looking for the Father of the unborn child instead of asking how to get on Welfare before the child is even born.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Mooksmom is the type I want to help, not the op. We have another winner in the relationship forum who has two kids by two baby daddies, is on welfare yet managed to buy two cars and houses. These are the people I don't want to help.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:05 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Much appreciated, Momtothree, and the many of you (#57 so far) who don't or won't post but stopped by and gave me a pat on the back! I really have no big 'chip' on my shoulder, but 38 years taking care of these same mentality folks in the ERs of America showed me clearly what many never get to see goes on.
They enter the ER demanding (not asking for) meal trays, a bed (not a stretcher), things for their 'family' who are usually other transients they have befriended. They go rifling through all the cabinets and drawers in the rooms they are put in the minute you close the doors. Rude and demanding are just the tip of their icebergs! I lasted 38 yrs because I could work the long 12hr weekend shifts and still be home, in a normal type family, M-F with a son, some step-kids and a husband.
I could not Google the 'secrets of Medicaid and how to play the System' because I was so traumatized and shocked at losing my eye over 4 months with surgery after surgery, that I just didn't think to Google how to be a cheater. NOT who I am and not who I'd want to show my teen son to be when the going gets tough. It was 10 yr ago and thankfully I am in a MUCH BETTER place now and am retired but active in my community in several ways.
It's not my place to try and 'save' this young girl. She says she has a mom. I hope she IS NOT pregnant and thinks about an IUD that lasts 3 yrs and has few side-effects. Then she can party ON! and won't drag some poor and innocent child with her on her journey. If she turns her life into MORE...BRAVO!
Here's the thing. I had a medical experience with cancer & complications from the surgery. I too was given zero assistance & have had the added indignity of being refused employment & told "We don't want people like you who've been sucking up government money. " when I didn't get one penny. Still, I try to give people assistance on here & you come on & blast people.

I've got nothing for the OP because I still don't know how to game the system. I wasn't going to post on here at all but, really, I have to say you aren't a martyr. You aren't the only one to have it stuck to you. You're right that they withhold information about assistance if they think that you're middle class. I know that I'll be working well into my 70s to pay off my debts. It still doesn't give you a pass to jump down people's throats.

Last edited by southbound_295; 06-10-2015 at 12:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: