Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:44 PM

367 posts, read 1,029,499 times

Advertisements

If they shrink a lot when they cook, that means the meat in less lean, not healthier. What a crock! Folks, burgers and fries and healthy do not go together. If you want to eat healthy, go get a lean meat a veggie sub at subway.A red meat hamburger is not going to get it. If you want a hamburger, get the tastiest one you can find and don't worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
I tried it too.....Place was not bad...food was fresh and good. If there was one negative it was that it reminded me of the old BK " Where's the Beef?? " commercial..I don't know if the burger was small or the bun was huge. Over all though....I would eat there again.

Pardon me being "Pop Culture Anal" but that was a Wendy's commercial
YouTube - Where's the Beef

I'm glad to know people liked it. GROOVE1 now you have to try the new Chinese place next door to TOPZ and let me know how you like it. I live very close to Topz and will try it soon. My wife is a vegetarian, and noticed that they have Veggie Burgers also, which makes it a good place for both of us.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM

716 posts, read 2,159,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
If they shrink a lot when they cook, that means the meat in less lean, not healthier. What a crock! Folks, burgers and fries and healthy do not go together. If you want to eat healthy, go get a lean meat a veggie sub at subway.A red meat hamburger is not going to get it. If you want a hamburger, get the tastiest one you can find and don't worry about it.
Hold on... if the meat shrinks, and you're broiling it, all that fat drains out...

Also, it's entirely possible to make healthy fries. I mean, they're just seasoned potatoes. The trouble comes in when they get deep fried and then soak in their own grease. Did you know you can even deep fry properly at home for calorie savings over the fast food places? True story.

My point is that if you have a craving, but you're trying to not derail your healthy eating plans, why not try to satisfy that craving sensibly? Granted, there's going to be an occasion once in a while when you just HAVE to have a Big Mac, and nothing else will do. But what's wrong with trying to be smart about it the rest of the time?

Lastly, red meat, burgers, fries...none of those things is BAD for you. It's all about the choices you make. Everything in moderation. The "good/bad food" vs the eat-whatever-you-wanna-eat mentality is what has helped make us a nation of people with eating disorders and an obesity epidemic.

So, you know, I'm still going to have to try this place out!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:29 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Yes, grilling the grease out is kinda like using a George Foreman grill...and there is nothing wrong with baked potatoes, which is what their fries are.

As for Bamboo 7...I initially went there to get a menu but was put off by the darkness of the place as well as their initial sanitation grade of 90.0.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:57 PM

90??? That's horrible for a start up!!! In theory everything ought to be brand new and clean before the first inspection!

Unbelieveable. With the competition out there, especially with Chef Kwo, Amazing Wok, and Pei Wei right in their backyard.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:00 PM

628 posts, read 2,078,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Pardon me being "Pop Culture Anal" but that was a Wendy's commercial
YouTube - Where's the Beef

I'm glad to know people liked it. GROOVE1 now you have to try the new Chinese place next door to TOPZ and let me know how you like it. I live very close to Topz and will try it soon. My wife is a vegetarian, and noticed that they have Veggie Burgers also, which makes it a good place for both of us.
WOW!!!! I could've sworn it was Burger King!!! Thanx for the correction. Didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 PM

797 posts, read 3,296,274 times
I just went yesterday and the inspection score was 94. They are marketing a healthier burger..not a healthy meal. We all know it's not as healthy as a salad but it's better than going to McDonalds.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:32 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Salads from fast food places often contain more fat and sodium (with dressing) than hamburgers.

That's why it's called "healthier burger" and not "healthy burger".

Old 04-08-2008, 05:57 PM

OK here's my review. I stopped by Topz and got a 1/4 pounder with fries. I've eaten a lot of burgers in my life and this one was pretty good!!! It was a good value, I added cheese to the burger and fries and it was a little over $7.00. I'll definitely go back.

I stopped in the Bamboo 7 for a menu and confirmed that Groove1 wasn't making it up, they had a 90 on their health score prominently displayed at the entrance. I thought it was a take out place, but saw that it was like Groove said, dimly lit. I picked up a menu and was very put off at the prices. It seems a lot higher price than a normal "take out" place or even the Amazing Wok which is sit down and seems to do a great take out business. They had dishes on there which were $20.00!!! I don't think PF Changs is that high. Even a basic dish like Sesame Chicken is over $10.00. I think their pricing in conjunction with location and apparent lack of focus on sanitaion prior to opening (violations were for improper temperatures of raw product and storing raw chicken in standing water) will not bode well for this business.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:58 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,274 times
I was stating that Topz was a 94 inspection grade. I thought thats what this thread was about..not the asian restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte