Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 07:51 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
The airport thing being easier to get out of is your opinion, and I partially agree with the lack of traffic in that area of town. I haven't experienced crime but have talked to many residents who have. Maybe they're wrong, cause I didn't see a single police officer while I was visiting.
Do us a favor and stay away from your family. Charlotte's doing fine. Your first hand accounts are really worthless to share at this point and you've proven a lack of perspective due to your critique of the airport. Where do you live that is so much better than Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 05:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Do us a favor and stay away from your family. Charlotte's doing fine. Your first hand accounts are really worthless to share at this point and you've proven a lack of perspective due to your critique of the airport. Where do you live that is so much better than Charlotte?
Please point me out to where I said Charlotte wasn't good? I'm betting you didn't even read my pros at the start of this thread.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Please point me out to where I said Charlotte wasn't good? I'm betting you didn't even read my pros at the start of this thread.

My issue is that your opinions are limited to first hand accounts and hearing stories from friends and family, not real statistics or anything in perspective.

I've participated in the whole thread. If you said walk ability was a big area that needs improvement I would agree. I'm excited about the cross city trail buildout as well as the long term commitment to greenway construction; improving retail offerings at street level uptown and elsewhere and improving mass transit options.

Just hearing about your visit to town where you thought the airport was underwhelming and didn't see any joggers is worthless. I guess you are just looking for a debate.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:25 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,801 times
.[/quote]

Pros- Great Skyline, lots of new urbanity (makes the city look bigger than it is), up and coming airport, new retail and restaurants, nice people, progressive community
Atlanta and it's suburbs.[/quote]

Charlotte in in 2016 is over 830,000 people. What does a 830,000 city should look like?
CLT is the 8 busiest airport in the USA and the 5th largest mega hub in the USA. Up and coming Uh?

Last edited by CLT1985; 02-29-2016 at 10:38 AM..

Old 02-29-2016, 04:32 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,801 times
By 2024, if Charlotte keeps growing at the rate is now, it will go over 1 million people in the city of Charlotte. That is only 8 years away.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:14 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,119 times
"Up and coming airport" is pretty hilarious considering how busy the airport is relative to the size of the metro.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
My issue is that your opinions are limited to first hand accounts and hearing stories from friends and family, not real statistics or anything in perspective.

I've participated in the whole thread. If you said walk ability was a big area that needs improvement I would agree. I'm excited about the cross city trail buildout as well as the long term commitment to greenway construction; improving retail offerings at street level uptown and elsewhere and improving mass transit options.

Just hearing about your visit to town where you thought the airport was underwhelming and didn't see any joggers is worthless. I guess you are just looking for a debate.
I went to Freedom Park on Saturday... PACKED with higher and walkers.

More than likely this person flew into Charlotte, visited family, never ventured anywhere besides the couch and headed home after a few days.

the airport description is hilarious. I have never been overwhelmed by an awesome airport. I have been to every major airport besides Chicago's and none of them were impressive.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:38 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Pros- Great Skyline, lots of new urbanity (makes the city look bigger than it is), up and coming airport, new retail and restaurants, nice people, progressive community
Atlanta and it's suburbs.[/quote]

Charlotte in in 2016 is over 830,000 people. What does a 830,000 city should look like?
CLT is the 8 busiest airport in the USA and the 5th largest mega hub in the USA. Up and coming Uh?[/quote]

I'm referring to the metro. City limits are arbitrary. It would be like saying Charlotte was bigger than Atlanta in terms of city population. A lot of Charlotte's city limits are low density ( though this is changing quick closer to Uptown).

Old 03-01-2016, 04:45 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,972 times
Why not let Charlotte be Charlotte. I think we all done, particular, with any comparison to Atlanta in any shape form or fashion. All cities are unique and different and for the love of God let Charlotte be Charlotte with its own individual uniqueness.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
Not to mention, the airports in NYC and LA are dumps.

Laguardia is a relic
Sorry you may not have been to LAX recently ( and I grew up in Cali) - I travel extensively 60% throughout the US and was just at LAX (3 times in the past month- American, Hawaiian Air- SWA) had great service, food, and had to use hotel overnight on 1 trip. and really enjoyed my time there- love LAX (if you have to be there even 2hrs) my only complaint is there outdated seating- needing more comfort when you have an extended layover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte