Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 1,848 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am searching for a 3-4 day/week, 10-4 or so, program in the Charlotte area, where my active (always asking to help), 87 y.o. mother can participate, meet new people and not just sit around all day - really need her to get some Vit D and some conversation. Note, most of the adult day care centers keep the seniors in one room. Any active suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 08:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Are there senior centers in Charlotte? The senior center in Kings Mountain is run by the city. If people are ambulatory they are free to come & go, participate in activities, or whatever.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:15 PM

Thank you for your input, southbound_295. I plan to visit the site ASAP!

Old 05-22-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee41 View Post
Thank you for your input, southbound_295. I plan to visit the site ASAP!
Lee, I suggest that you look on the City of Kings Mountain site. Click on the departments, then click on Patrick Senior Center. You may find enough information to find the equivalent in Charlotte. Senior centers are not day care. The one in Kings Mountain is open Mon-Friday. I think the hours are 8 - 5. There has to be an equivalent in Charlotte. Good luck, & if you get the information for Charlotte, please post it. This is a topic that is rarely brought up on here & when it is, no one posts followup information.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:34 PM

Southbound, I have visited quite a few, with one more - Shining Stars Day Respite @ St. Gabriel's Church on Providence Rd, scheduled for this Wednesday. The hours are good - 10-4p, but I believe the seniors stay in one room during the entire time. I pray this is not true. Will follow up after the look-see.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee41 View Post
Southbound, I have visited quite a few, with one more - Shining Stars Day Respite @ St. Gabriel's Church on Providence Rd, scheduled for this Wednesday. The hours are good - 10-4p, but I believe the seniors stay in one room during the entire time. I pray this is not true. Will follow up after the look-see.
Lee, are you looking at private facilities? Senior Centers are government run. I would think that Charlotte would have several. There are 2 in Cleveland County & at least 2 in Gaston. Senior Centers are for people 55 & over. They are free. Some activities may have a charge, but, overall, they are free. People can get meals there, too, if they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte