Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 PM

307 posts, read 715,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Traffic is traffic! GOOD LUCK though! We use to live in Woodley Park in NW DC!

Move to Lake Norman and you will find out!
Seriously I really cannot believe that traffic around Charlotte whether it's Lake Norman or anywhere else compares to DC. You people are being serious? I have only been a few places in the country as bad as DC. Guess I will find out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 02:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
Seriously I really cannot believe that traffic around Charlotte whether it's Lake Norman or anywhere else compares to DC. You people are being serious? I have only been a few places in the country as bad as DC. Guess I will find out..
I can name many...

New York
Boston
LA
San Francisco
Miami
Dallas
Houston
Atlanta
shall I go on...

Are you coming on this thread looking for an arguement or advice?

Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 02-18-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I can name many...

New York
Boston
LA
San Francisco
Miami
Dallas
Houston
Atlanta
shall I go on...

Are you coming on this thread looking for an arguement or advice?

Welcome to Charlotte!
I am not looking for an argument I was actually just answering the original poster regarding how areas in Charlotte compared to the DC area. I then received unsolicited advice regarding the area around Charlotte I liked and traffic. I responded with my opinion that I have a hard time believing it is as bad as DC and that is my personal opinion. I maybe wrong but I never asked for advice..

Old 02-18-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I am not looking for an argument I was actually just answering the original poster regarding how areas in Charlotte compared to the DC area. I then received unsolicited advice regarding the area around Charlotte I liked and traffic. I responded with my opinion that I have a hard time believing it is as bad as DC and that is my personal opinion. I maybe wrong but I never asked for advice..
Sure!

Hope you like Charlotte!

Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
I understand that many people think it's very congested around LKN and Huntersville but I don't think it compares to DC. I am pretty use to 24/7 traffic in the Washington metro area and it's not the same. Maybe somebody who has actually moved to Charlotte from DC can weigh in but that is what I can tell so far. I spent a few weekends in Cornelius and observed Monday morning and weekday traffic and it was not the same. When I say get away from the congestion I meant that I would not want to live in an area like Tyson's Corner again, that place is a nightmare for traffic.
I do understand that this area of Charlotte cannot compare to ALL of D.C. and its nightmare congestion and gridlock. However, it is still bad enough to affect quality of life in my opinion. I was responding to the comment about wanting to get away from congestion - now that you have specified that you meant only congestion like Tyson's Corner that makes a difference. STILL, for the long time residents of that area who now deal with the kind of congestion that has occured since Lake Norman was "discovered" I bet they think it's bad enough as it is - though of course your idea of bad and theirs is only relative.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Sure!

Hope you like Charlotte!
I guess what I don't understand is why you are making comments to me about traffic when I never asked and now saying things like "welcome to charlotte" and "hope you like Charlotte"....

Most people on these forums encourage people to come..

I guess my mistake was saying I am trying to escape the congestion, what I should have said was I am trying to escape the WASHINGTON DC congestion.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I do understand that this area of Charlotte cannot compare to ALL of D.C. and its nightmare congestion and gridlock. However, it is still bad enough to affect quality of life in my opinion. I was responding to the comment about wanting to get away from congestion - now that you have specified that you meant only congestion like Tyson's Corner that makes a difference. STILL, for the long time residents of that area who now deal with the kind of congestion that has occured since Lake Norman was "discovered" I bet they think it's bad enough as it is - though of course your idea of bad and theirs is only relative.
This is exactly what I meant...thanks for understanding. To be honest I have not even moved yet and I am not sure where I am going to live I just happen to like the Huntersville and Lake Norman area like a lot of people I suppose!

Old 02-18-2008, 02:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
I guess what I don't understand is why you are making comments to me about traffic when I never asked and now saying things like "welcome to charlotte" and "hope you like Charlotte"....

I guess my mistake was saying I am trying to escape the congestion, what I should have said was I am trying to escape the WASHINGTON DC congestion.
BINGO! Now that you have said it, we all understand

7 oh 4 is trying to lighten the mood and be friendly, that's all - I can almost gaurantee you he meant just what he said, welcome to Charlotte.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:

I didn't have any ill intent at all. But sounds like you are saying by your post that Charlotte doesn't have traffic and it can't rival DC. I use to live in DC.

My best friend lives in Mooresville (Lake Norman) and she moved here from Pasadena (LA) and she thinks the traffic here is hell!

You will enjoy Charlotte but I don't want you to come to Charlotte and think you can drive from Lake Norman to Uptown...20 miles in 20 minutes...will not happen!

Metro Charlotte has 2,124,013 people. That can equal traffic. Agree?

That is why I live in Uptown Charlotte and lived in Woodley Park...I don't do traffic and I don't commute. I walk 8 minutes to work even in rush hour...lol

Old 02-18-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I didn't have any ill intent at all. But sounds like you are saying by your post that Charlotte doesn't have traffic and it can't rival DC. I use to live in DC.

My best friend lives in Mooresville (Lake Norman) and she moved here from Pasadena (LA) and she thinks the traffic here is hell!

You will enjoy Charlotte but I don't want you to come to Charlotte and think you can drive from Lake Norman to Uptown...20 miles in 20 minutes...will not happen!

Metro Charlotte has 2,124,013 people. That can equal traffic. Agree?

That is why I live in Uptown Charlotte and lived in Woodley Park...I don't do traffic and I don't commute. I walk 8 minutes to work even in rush hour...lol
Yeah ok I get it

I never was trying to say Charlotte doesn't have traffic but from what I have seen I did not think it was as bad as the dc metro area.

I know there is traffic everywhere. I already ruled out Mooresville, Davidson, and probably even Cornelius due to the commute to Uptown. Right now we like the area near exit 23 on 77. I know there will be a commute but hopefully not as bad as Mooresville would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte