Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:44 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,964,041 times

Advertisements

Charlotte officer will not face charges in shooting death of Kei - | WBTV Charlotte

I watched the live press conference on Facebook. He went through a lot of the evidence and how they reached this conclusion. 15 career prosecutors unanimously all came to the same conclusion that officer Vinson should not be charged. The full report will be on the website later. They have evidence that someone sold Scott a gun and the DA went through a bit of that evidence during the press conference.

Pray for Charlotte tonight that the city and the citizens of Charlotte and surrounding areas remain peaceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,573,306 times
Scotts wife said he did not have a gun however, text messages only 1 month before the shooting between Scott and his wife proved otherwise.
She should be prosecuted.

The 'witnesses' that saw a white officer shoot unarmed Scott and then later recanted their stories should also be prosecuted.

Glad that the cameras and facebook posts caught many of the rioters and looters - hope they are fully punished.

More rioting = less money for handouts.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:18 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
I told a visiting friend of mine to get out of uptown as fast as possible.

He doesn't need to be anywhere down there when if violent rioters show up again.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:33 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Good.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:37 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,064,782 times
So if someone holds a knife or gun, they deserve to be killed by the police? I know what you'll say - if he had a gun he could have started shooting. He did (have a gun) but he didn't shoot anyone. Sure, call me naive. Do police in other countries handle these situations in a similar fashion, shoot to kill?

Old 11-30-2016, 11:58 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,573,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
So if someone holds a knife or gun, they deserve to be killed by the police? I know what you'll say - if he had a gun he could have started shooting. He did (have a gun) but he didn't shoot anyone. Sure, call me naive. Do police in other countries handle these situations in a similar fashion, shoot to kill?
Are you serious? Did you listen to the video? The police asked him numerous times to drop the gun. Do you think they should have waited until he shot someone to shoot him? Really?

Old 11-30-2016, 12:05 PM

599 posts, read 401,970 times
I sure hope that the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department is more than prepared for the days ahead as if people will riot before the facts come out we all know they will riot after the facts come out. Also if we have any civil unrest I really hope Mayor Roberts declares a curfew and stays home as her handling of the situation in the past was pitiful.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:08 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Quote:
When you have a rap sheet like he did, cops will act possibly with lethal force more so than in other situatiuons. Believe even his wife had a restraining order on him for threating her and their child with a handgun. So..........yeah.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,064,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
When you have a rap sheet like he did, cops will act possibly with lethal force more so than in other situatiuons. Believe even his wife had a restraining order on him for threating her and their child with a handgun. So..........yeah.
Did the police know who he was when they shot him, or just after?

Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,933,008 times
Quote:
I will call you naive, "but he didn't shoot anyone," and "shoot to kill?" From these two phrases I can tell you have never been in a shoot/no shoot situation, or even fired a handgun.

and FYI bullets fired in high stress situations tend to miss there intended target, that is why they aim for the biggest target and to stop the threat quickest. If death is a byproduct well that is what happens, when you commit a crime while armed, and fail to obey lawful orders.

That shoot them in the leg crap is for movies, in real life it would lead to officers being killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: