Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 05:41 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,652,890 times

Advertisements

Shootings at Spice Lounge and in Plaza-Midwood leave six people injured. | The Charlotte Observer

The area has been on the upswing for several years, yet lately there have been shootings/muggings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 01:00 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,070,151 times
Crime is down in plaza mid wood. Publicity of crime is steady in steady or increasing in plaza midwood. It's safe. Don't fear.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:29 AM

145 posts, read 156,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Shootings at Spice Lounge and in Plaza-Midwood leave six people injured. | The Charlotte Observer

The area has been on the upswing for several years, yet lately there have been shootings/muggings.

Plaza midwood is surrounded by ghetto. Put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig. All you need to do is look at crime map of the area. Remember half of crime goes unreported. It would be a cold day in hell before I put my kids in the schools around plaza midwood. Charlotte is changing, those that have lived here for over 20 years know the real truth. Some areas have gotten better many have gotten worst.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:31 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnc View Post
Plaza midwood is surrounded by ghetto. Put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig. All you need to do is look at crime map of the area. Remember half of crime goes unreported. It would be a cold day in hell before I put my kids in the schools around plaza midwood. Charlotte is changing, those that have lived here for over 20 years know the real truth. Some areas have gotten better many have gotten worst.
I've been here way over 20 years. I've been in the vicinity of Plaza-Midwood for almost the last 20 years. P-M is so much safer than it used to be. I remember when junkies were dying in the alley behind the Penguin every week, if you're insinuating P-M is worse than it used to be, that's just plain crazy talk!

Where do you live josh? How much time have you spent living in the city? Tell us more "real" truth, lol.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:41 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,401 times
If your profession is robbing and mugging, you don't rob people in a poor area, you go down the street and rob some people with a little coin in their pocket. That's just good business sense.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:05 AM

501 posts, read 529,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Crime is down in plaza mid wood. Publicity of crime is steady in steady or increasing in plaza midwood. It's safe. Don't fear.
It is irresponsible to pass on misleading information. At best, Plaza Midwood could be considered as precarious. It is not a place where one can feel secure walking the streets at dark, especially off of the main street. There have been many and killings on 'different' occasions over the last few months. How is it "safe?

Old 12-19-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
It is irresponsible to pass on misleading information. At best, Plaza Midwood could be considered as precarious. It is not a place where one can feel secure walking the streets at dark, especially off of the main street. There have been many and killings on 'different' occasions over the last few months. How is it "safe?
You should follow the advice of your first sentence. Plaza midwood is safe and is very walker friendly. Whether you feel safe or not doesn't matter. Many of you live a life of fear anyway so I would guess you're scared most of the time. Back up your assumptions with some facts or data - otherwise stop spreading fear.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:47 AM

501 posts, read 529,452 times
Obviously, it doesn't matter whether we feel safe or not. My concern is that a newcomer that reads this thread and believes that there are no safety issues in Plaza Midwood has been ill informed. You always ask for facts, yet you rant nonsense and I have asked you on several occasions for some facts without a reply. A few weeks ago a young lady was walking home from a bar in Plaza Midwood during the evening and was murdered walking home. Since then, there was another similar incident and this past weekend, four teenagers were shot at a party in Plaza Midwood. A few years ago, there was talk about getting armed volunteers that lived in PM to patrol the area on foot.

Bottom line, people use this board to get reliable information for relocating, etc. Honesty is important. I am sure that you haven't lived in numerous places as I. To say that "I am scared" is really stupid. I certainly do not fit the profile of a mugging victim, but I still remain aware of my surroundings. That is something that everyone needs to do in Plaza Midwood and other places.

I am not saying that is is a bad place to live. It just isn't a place to be secure raising children and feeling safe when they are not monitored continuously, nor is it particularly safe for a woman to walk the streets late at night. Denying that would be rediculous. Perhaps you should watch the news or actually go out and see for yourself. Bad people tend to wander into places like Plaza Midwood. You obviously don't understand the term "common sense." It is needed for survival. It is "walkable" as far as sidewalks, etc., but not advisable alone in the wee hours especially for Caucasian women.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 AM

I've lived in plaza midwood for several years and walked with my wife and young children at night with no issue. I'll get you some statistics soon. Hold yer shorts as they may not tell the same story as the shock headline local news.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Both my kid and my wife are fragile white flowers too fwiw (nothing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte