Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM

10 posts, read 15,044 times

Advertisements

So my significant other just got a job offer in Shelby NC. We are from NC so we're happy to be back, but they want him there in one month! We need to find a lender and realtor so we can find a house although I realize we will probably move before any closing could happen. We are looking at Kings Mountain for the better schools. We have a kid with autism, so schools are number one. If anyone has leads on which schools may meet his needs the best, please post. I'm not finding many 3 bdr rentals online and we'd want month to month since we want to buy. Any leads? Our in law suggested an RV park . He has a camper we could set up short term til we closed on a house and put things in storage. Anyone know of parks that allow long term , maybe 2 mo, with hookups near Shelby? Thanks for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 06:38 PM

930 posts, read 2,160,437 times
I just sent you a pm.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:41 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyjaz View Post
So my significant other just got a job offer in Shelby NC. We are from NC so we're happy to be back, but they want him there in one month! We need to find a lender and realtor so we can find a house although I realize we will probably move before any closing could happen. We are looking at Kings Mountain for the better schools. We have a kid with autism, so schools are number one. If anyone has leads on which schools may meet his needs the best, please post. I'm not finding many 3 bdr rentals online and we'd want month to month since we want to buy. Any leads? Our in law suggested an RV park . He has a camper we could set up short term til we closed on a house and put things in storage. Anyone know of parks that allow long term , maybe 2 mo, with hookups near Shelby? Thanks for any info
I live in Kings Mountain.

Look at Hounds Campground on South Battleground. They have a website.

I have a friend with a child with extremely severe autism. Make sure that you have all of the paperwork

Rentals go very quickly here. It's hard to give you more specific information. You didn't give much to work with.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:44 AM

145 posts, read 155,963 times
Quote:

Rent a house. I wouldn't be a such a rush to buy a house. Don't rush it you might regret it.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the responses. We don't need much for a short term rental. Even a 2bdr is fine until we buy. Since my son needs to be in school asap bc I fear he will regress, that's the rush to buy. He is high functioning and I'm a special needs educator, so I have everything we need, but I know sometimes school services can even vary within districts. Thanks for the tips on campgrounds.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:22 AM

930 posts, read 2,160,437 times
I sent you the Cleveland County Schools report.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I live in Kings Mountain.

Look at Hounds Campground on South Battleground. They have a website.

I have a friend with a child with extremely severe autism. Make sure that you have all of the paperwork

Rentals go very quickly here. It's hard to give you more specific information. You didn't give much to work with.
We just need something in Kngs Mtn preferably Bethware Elem area that will do month to month short term around $1000 or less a month. We could do a 2 bdr. We're not picky since we wouldn't be there long.

Do you know of any local rental agencies or apartment complexes?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I sent you the Cleveland County Schools report.
Thank you. Seems springmore, and boiling springs have good reports for Shelby. All of kings mtn seems ok, but Bethware is the closest school zone to Shelby for a shorter commute?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:15 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
I'd be very surprised if you find month to month rental.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:18 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
We just need something in Kngs Mtn preferably Bethware Elem area that will do month to month short term around $1000 or less a month. We could do a 2 bdr. We're not picky since we wouldn't be there long.

Do you know of any local rental agencies or apartment complexes?
I'm surprised that posters who don't live anywhere near here are sending you information.

Bethware is outside of the city, in Kings Mountain Twp. The elementary schools go through 4th grade. 2 of the city elementary schools have been named Blue Ribbon schools, which is a federal honor. If you want to be west of the city, but still in the Kings Mountain HS area, I would suggest that you take your friend up on the RV offer, long enough to find a rental. The newest apartment complex has a huge waiting list & will be expanded, but not soon enough for you. Without knowing your child's age or grade, it's difficult to give you specific information that is customized for you, which seems to be what you want. Based on that, I would say that if your child is close to or ready for the intermediate school (grades 5 & 6), that could play into advice. Once a child hits Intermediate School, the students combine from all 5 elementary schools, including Grover & Bethware.

Kings Mountain has its own library, downtown, Kings Mountain residents are eligible for free library cards for the Gaston County library system. The main Gaston County library in Gastonia & the Kings Mountain library provide programs for all ages. You want to be on the Cleveland County side of Kings Mountain for schools, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte