Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,954 times

Advertisements

Oh, man, OC, that surely must be a look. My DH loves Kilwin's so much, I think he gets the SAME look on his face at the mere mention of the place. His CD name would be loveskilwins. Kilwin's was always our favorite after-dinner stroll stop in downtown Delray Beach, FL. When we moved north to Jupiter, they opened a new store just south of us, in Palm Beach Gardens. Now, we move here, and they open up in Ballantyne. HELP! THEY'RE FOLLOWING US! We're suckers for their truffles, but I also like doing a chocolate-covered marshmallow kebab sometimes or a chocolate-covered rice krispie treat on-a-stick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Oh, man, OC, that surely must be a look. My DH loves Kilwin's so much, I think he gets the SAME look on his face at the mere mention of the place. His CD name would be loveskilwins. Kilwin's was always our favorite after-dinner stroll stop in downtown Delray Beach, FL. When we moved north to Jupiter, they opened a new store just south of us, in Palm Beach Gardens. Now, we move here, and they open up in Ballantyne. HELP! THEY'RE FOLLOWING US! We're suckers for their truffles, but I also like doing a chocolate-covered marshmallow kebab sometimes or a chocolate-covered rice krispie treat on-a-stick!
Yum Yum - the Kilwins I know best is in Blowing Rock! Been going there for many years . . . I was so surprised to see one at my doorstep!!!!

Okay . . . I need to let you all know . . . I may be a little late tomorrow nite - have an after hours meeting in Hickory w/ client. Clients are good . . . meetings that interfere w/ GNO - NOT!!!!! If things go as I hope - and I can get away b/f 6:30 . . . <keeping fingers crossed>

Old 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,620 times
Ok, guys I drove over to Salara today and was disappointed the event is for tomorrow. I guess, I was too excited and wanted to start a day earlier. No one was there, so I had my daughter go to CD and read me the date for the posting. To my dismay I had the wrong day. You guys had me so excited that I wished it was today. Now, I'm gonna miss two days in the gym because I must return tomorrow to hang with you guys. See you tomorrow....

Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 PM

Bibit - we are ON for 7 and... one word... spanx!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
No no no constricting clothing allowed!!!

Big shirts and stretchy pants

Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Aruss, that is comedic! I'm so sorry to hear you had the brain flub, but glad to hear it was caused by excitement! I can just picture you standing there wondering "where are heck are they?"

Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Oh no! ARuss - can't believe this happened! Well, did you scope the place out? Make up your mind what you are gonna order tomorrow????

Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,620 times
I quickly scanned the place and stepped outside to call my daughter, so that she may look at CD and give me feedback. Once I left I went over to some place near that sell wings/bbq, I'm not remembering the restaurant. One too many sips of merlot.... It was just mediocre, but I ate dinner and had a beer before heading home. I made the best of the situation.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 AM

206 posts, read 799,201 times
ARuss-That is so funny. Salara is going to think that you are stalking them when you show up tonight.

ARG-I love the fudge. I keep meaning to try the caramel covered apples when we go so i don't have to feel so bad about pigging out.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 AM

29 posts, read 83,773 times
Never been to Kilwins...are we going there for dessert? In case I forget, or simply happen to be in utter bliss, I want to thank you all for a fun time tonight. It was nice to meet you and I look forward to the one in April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte