Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post

Hey, like Kellie Pickler
My point exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 09:29 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHOMEBOY View Post
Yeah, but have you noticed what's happening in Providence Downs, in Union County? YTD there have been a total of 3 homes sold. Know how many are on the market?? 90....that's 9-0....ninety. One house just sold for 400k. Another one just dropped their price 99k in one swipe. But see, that's why you have to look at the more localized details of the data. I too, I live in Waxhaw, but my neighborhood has appreciated quite well in the last 2 years. Waxhaw, Weddington, Wesley Chapel are still very strong......but here again, everyone says "Union County, Union County....fastest growing, best schools, etc".....but there are places in Union COunty that are absolutely horrible....HORRIBLE. That's why it's so difficult for out-of-towners to research. Who do you listen to? What do you read?

And taxes....well.....same thing. Folks in Union County have several taxes. We all have Union County taxes, which are quite low. But you have to do your homework.....Waxhaw taxes add another .35/hundred, but travel a half mile and your're in Marvin....paying .05/hundred. Weddington, .03.....Monroe, .55 Check out this link: http://www.co.union.nc.us/Portals/0/...Rates07-08.pdf

So, with all that said....the overal Charlotte market is strong, and will stay strong....or at least stronger than most. But....beware.....mistakes can be made if you're not careful
NCHOMEBOY - I just drove by Providence Downs this afternoon. Even a town like Marvin is not immune to economic downturns. When all those people from the NE and CA aren't selling their homes, a large chunk of the upscale real estate market here, invariably disappears. Couple that, with Charlotte being a one-horse town, those banking and mortgage industry related layoffs really take their toll. The only bright side to come out of this, is that school construction in Union County has considerably slowed, allowing its residents a brief respite from what would have been even higher rates of tax increases!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte