Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:06 AM

34 posts, read 33,003 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! So I already posted in the SC forum but figured I’d post here also. My plan is to move to Fort Mill area in May. We visited the area last year and loved it. I’ll be moving with my Fiancé and my two boys (ages 5 and 2) my 5 year old has high functioning Autism and receives Speech OT and PT at school. So schools are really important when deciding where to move. I know Fort Mill is getting rather crowded though since everyone’s moving for the schools also. So I’ve also been looking into Clover SC or Denver NC since it seems those schools are rated pretty well too. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to see those towns when we went down there (My fiancé and I can transfer to several different towns with our jobs so jobs aren’t an issue.) So, My question is are there stores nearby in Denver or Clover? I don’t want to have to drive 15 mins to a half hour just to go to a store. And also regarding Clover.. anybody know if it’s a safe town? It seems to be but the crime statistics say otherwise. Any help would be really appreciated. Just want to make sure I’m moving to the right area for my kids! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 01:06 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohsnapxnikki View Post
Hi everyone! So I already posted in the SC forum but figured I’d post here also. My plan is to move to Fort Mill area in May. We visited the area last year and loved it. I’ll be moving with my Fiancé and my two boys (ages 5 and 2) my 5 year old has high functioning Autism and receives Speech OT and PT at school. So schools are really important when deciding where to move. I know Fort Mill is getting rather crowded though since everyone’s moving for the schools also. So I’ve also been looking into Clover SC or Denver NC since it seems those schools are rated pretty well too. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to see those towns when we went down there (My fiancé and I can transfer to several different towns with our jobs so jobs aren’t an issue.) So, My question is are there stores nearby in Denver or Clover? I don’t want to have to drive 15 mins to a half hour just to go to a store. And also regarding Clover.. anybody know if it’s a safe town? It seems to be but the crime statistics say otherwise. Any help would be really appreciated. Just want to make sure I’m moving to the right area for my kids! Thanks in advance!
We had a poster who lived in Clover for several years. She rarely posts anymore, but she later moved from Clover to Belmont.

You might want to check with Holy Angels in Belmont about schools. I doubt that you'd need their services, but they are certainly aware of the schools & services in the area. I'm assuming that your 5 year old has an IEP.

There are stores in Clover & Denver. People in Clover go to Gastonia & Kings Mountain for things that they don't have. I'm not sure where people from Denver go for what they don't have. Most people in towns like Belmont, Clover, Kings Mountain, & Dallas end up in Gastonia for part of their shopping.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:19 AM

Great! I’ll check it out. Thanks

Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
We had a poster who lived in Clover for several years. She rarely posts anymore, but she later moved from Clover to Belmont.

You might want to check with Holy Angels in Belmont about schools. I doubt that you'd need their services, but they are certainly aware of the schools & services in the area. I'm assuming that your 5 year old has an IEP.

There are stores in Clover & Denver. People in Clover go to Gastonia & Kings Mountain for things that they don't have. I'm not sure where people from Denver go for what they don't have. Most people in towns like Belmont, Clover, Kings Mountain, & Dallas end up in Gastonia for part of their shopping.
I second this. I have lived in Belmont and absolutely loved the town.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:21 AM

Do you know how the Belmont schools are?

Old 11-26-2017, 10:14 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Do you know how the Belmont schools are?
Belmont schools are fine. There are two threads on the front page of this board regarding schools. Be aware that SC schools are ranked against SC schools. NC schools are ranked against NC schools.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:07 AM

Okay thanks

Old 11-27-2017, 06:16 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,696,924 times
Quote:
So, My question is are there stores nearby in Denver or Clover? I don’t want to have to drive 15 mins to a half hour just to go to a store. And also regarding Clover.. anybody know if it’s a safe town?
What types of stores are you looking for? Clover and Denver both have a Walmart where many do their basic shopping. There are also supermarkets and pharmacies/convenience stores. Other than that, expect to drive for most big box stores (you'd likely get used to just using e-commerce if Walmart doesn't have what you need rather than drive far).

Clover and Denver don't have a Target, Costco, Home Depot (but both have a Lowe's), TJ Maxx, Bed Bath and Beyond, Dick's Sporting Goods, Mall Shopping/Department Stores, etc... if you are wanting these types of stores very close by, Clover and Denver will likely be too rural for you.

Most of those big box stores will vary between 15 - 40 minutes depending on traffic and where exactly you are within Clover. The closest stores will likely be in Gastonia or the Steele Creek area of Charlotte. Gastonia has a small mall and Pineville, NC has a relatively large mall (Carolina Place). The most upscale shopping in the area is at SouthPark Mall which will be about 20 - 25 miles away from Clover and 35 miles from Denver.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:07 AM

Oh okay thanks so much! That helps alot. I don’t need a ton of stores near by I just wanted to make sure there was basically a Walmart and a grocery store that I’d be able to get to without having to drive for a half hour. Do you know how the crime is in Clover? People speak good about the town but the crime statistics seemed kinda high?

Old 11-28-2017, 11:23 AM

18 posts, read 27,173 times
Denver is great. The area skews more towards rural, but it is by no means far from the conveniences of daily life. The intersection of 16/73, for instance, has most everything a family needs for typical errands - Walmart, Lowes, multiple grocery options, multiple pharmacies, many restaurant options, small retail, etc. The only thing you might find the need to drive for is a movie theater and fine dining, but even that is only a short 15 minute drive to Birkdale Village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte