Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:05 PM

107 posts, read 112,067 times

Advertisements

There is only one person in this thread "spewing hate". They know who they are. I hope one day they find peace and happiness in this life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 02:47 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiralHalsey View Post
There is only one person in this thread "spewing hate". They know who they are. I hope one day they find peace and happiness in this life.
Hate against people who use their power in the public eye to push their opinions on groups of people? Yes I believe Billy Grahams legacy will live on spewing hate. Especially in this region where he was practically worshiped as a god.

The peace I have found knowing one day he will be lost to generations and not have to be indoctrinated by his lies is immense..

Old 02-21-2018, 02:59 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post
And Charlotte's modern main street is called Billy Graham Parkway.
...but I wonder if that might have had an impact...
The people who will care will care a lot.
The people who don't care don't really matter.

Similar applies to the battle flags

Old 02-21-2018, 08:49 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,047,572 times
Not that it may matter, to some but Barak Obama and Donald Trump tweeted positively for Billy Graham. Amazing how polar opposites on the political spectrum can lay aside differences to see the impact someone has had, and not just in Charlotte, NC... .

Roads are named after many people for many reasons... sometimes because they paid for it! I don't think I ever lost sleep over it, and there would be few areas companies could locate tonight they objected to every road named after someone.

Best regards to his family.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,181,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Ok, I'll bite. What are you referring to?
Interstate 77. I thought it was named after Robert Seventy-Seven

Old 02-21-2018, 11:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,181,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Roads are named after many people for many reasons... sometimes because they paid for it! I don't think I ever lost sleep over it, and there would be few areas companies could locate tonight they objected to every road named after someone.
I wonder if any of Mr. Teeter's descendants lose sleep after every time they have to drive on W.T. Harris Blvd.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:32 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Interstate 77. I thought it was named after Robert Seventy-Seven
77 is a north/south freeway that is mostly located between 75 and 85. For that reason, it is an odd number between 75 and 85. This is why we have I-5 out west and I-95 in the east; the lowest numbers are in the west and they increase gradually as you travel east.

East-west freeways are even numbers that start small in the south (I-4 in Florida) then increase to larger numbers in the north (I-70 in Ohio). There is a reason why I-10 is in the south and it's farther south than I-20 (which is farther south than I-40; which is farther south than I-64).

Freeway loops follow a pattern as well; it's worth a google search if you're interested in knowing these things in greater detail.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:41 PM

645 posts, read 1,068,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
The Apostle Paul warned that many would find the Gospel "offensive"; I state that Billy Graham has done more to aid mankind around the world than any other ten men combined. I am glad that he was honored with a street named after him in his home state.
My money is on the bet that 1.3 billion would say that Deng Xiaoping did even more good than Billy Graham worldwide (though Billy Graham's name is well-known in some parts of China).

Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I am 100% anti-christian.. and any other religion. I am against ALL organized religions..

What I am NOT is ignorant to his remarks he's made against women and how they should be submissive and know their place, against gays who he said were deserving of AIDS as a punishment from god, and against Jews in which he was ON RECORD saying they're a cult of Satan amongst other things. Oh and him in all his egotistical holiness also went after Mormons. As if pitting one absurd belief over the other makes one right.

The ignorant ones are the ones who will nod their head to anything someone says as long as the word "God" is attached to it..
"God" says science is wrong -nods head
Gays are the reason "God" sent hurricane Katrina- nods head
"God" says drink the Kool-aid laced with poison- Nods head..

THAT is ignorance. Do not be angry at me for following something with no basis, proof, or foundation other than someone elses interpretation of a word written 3000 years ago. Then when its questioned YOU find it offensive and reduce yourself to finger pointing and outrage. You're an adult. Engage with reality
Good day.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 PM

604 posts, read 652,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBGood View Post
My money is on the bet that 1.3 billion would say that Deng Xiaoping did even more good than Billy Graham worldwide (though Billy Graham's name is well-known in some parts of China).
a communist criminal did more good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte