Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:51 PM

4 posts, read 3,260 times

Advertisements

Spectrum has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. My God, I thought Verizon up in Maryland was bad. These guys make V look like boy scouts.

Attitude
Horrifying automated customer svs line
Condescending phone sales reps
**And the website is as slow and quirky as if some homeowner created it on Weebly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 05:23 PM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Yep. They are horrendous, but they really don't care. They used to even try to price match you when you complained enough or comp your service when it was down. Now they just go, "OK, well we don't want to see you go, but goodbye."

Old 04-09-2018, 05:48 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
I had a door to door Spectrum guy come by wanting to sell me on switching to Spectrum. I told him I got rid of Time Warner many years ago and had heard that Spectrum was no better and that I was not interested.

He was very pushy and tried to tell me that Spectrum had these great deals and they were very customer responsive. I can't wait for google fiber.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:50 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Its better than Time Warner was.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:08 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
I had no problem with their cust service.

In fact, I went to the local store in Salisbury and...

a) there was no wait. I was the only customer.
b) all 3 workers engaged me in the conversation and they all helped find the remedy I needed.

Couldn't be happier with that experience.

Web quality is fine. We get our 100mbps and it's clean. Hardly ever ANY downtime.

Pricing? Meh... It's ok. Par for the course.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:09 PM

107 posts, read 112,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Its better than Time Warner was.
Big time. I remember waiting four hours in a TWC store once. The first time I went into a Spectrum store, I walked right up to the counter and got service immediately.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:32 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Work on Google Fiber in Charlotte has slowed to a crawl. Google realized a while back that once 5G technology starts at the end of the year, cable and even fiber may be about as relevant as floppy disk drives are in computers. Once the phone companies (especially AT&T and Verizon) convert their 4G service to 5G and built out cell phone antenna coverage, the game is over for companies like Spectrum. That's why AT&T wants to get their hands on Time Warner Entertainment so badly. They need content to sell you. Owning HBO and CNN, plus the capability to wirelessly transmit TV gives them immense power.

Wireless gigahertz speeds will be commonplace 10 years from now! There should also be increased competition between providers too, assuming the FCC doesn't sell out any concept of net neutrality like the current administration is wont to do!

Old 04-14-2018, 03:17 AM

413 posts, read 301,405 times
Spectrum has the best service. Their customer service may be bad but their internet service is great.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:11 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
Spectrum has the best service. Their customer service may be bad but their internet service is great.
I can't complain about either really, but the price creeping up after your "great deal" on your bundled package expires, amounts to extortion! If my pension inflated as fast as my cable and internet bill, I'd be a happy camper!

Old 04-15-2018, 01:48 AM

413 posts, read 301,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I can't complain about either really, but the price creeping up after your "great deal" on your bundled package expires, amounts to extortion! If my pension inflated as fast as my cable and internet bill, I'd be a happy camper!
I have only internet through Spectrum. I do not buy cable tv channels and that. The programming for TV is where they steal your money. I use an antenna to get local news and some major channels like abc and nbc. Then since I have speedy internet i use a kodi box. I only pay internet! I think its under 50 bucks in my neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte