Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:43 AM

509 posts, read 1,803,662 times

Advertisements

I posted a long time ago trying to choose between south Charlotte and Huntersville. We chose the north... and we now have a contract on a re-sale in Monteith Park... whoohooo!

So my next question is:

-Where do you Huntersville people work out? I'll be working uptown so an uptown gym recommendation would work too.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 07:47 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
There is a few places in Huntersville. The Huntersville Aquatic Center or there is a place on 115. Not sure of the name seems to change owners all the time. Come out on Stumptown road turn left on Highway 115 and it will be on your right, its a grey building near the carwash.

Welcome to town

Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
I posted a long time ago trying to choose between south Charlotte and Huntersville. We chose the north... and we now have a contract on a re-sale in Monteith Park... whoohooo!

So my next question is:

-Where do you Huntersville people work out? I'll be working uptown so an uptown gym recommendation would work too.

Thanks!

Why not work out at the Uptown YMCA while the traffic dies down, then go home without any headaches

Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM

286 posts, read 946,654 times
Quote:

So my next question is:

Thanks!
Hey Girl, i am also looking to buy in Monteith, which re- sale did you buy?, what made you decide in moneith? When will you be moving in?

Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,753,850 times
I'd like to hear more about why you choose Monteith Park, as well. What did you think were the positives and negatives? And what where your final deciding factors? I'm seriously looking at that community too.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 AM

X-ray and Carolina Blue:

We have a contract on the blue house with stacked porches. Moving in March.

We chose Monteith because we love the style of the homes and love all the greenspace in the subdivision, along with pool and playground and walking trails. We have young daughter and I want her to be able to play outside.

We also did not want vinyl siding and liked the hardyboard finish of these houses.

I loved that people had their jogging strollers out on sidewalks, etc. and didn't seem worried about theft. Also every time we have been there, we've seen people out and about - jogging, kids playing, etc. The only thing that would make it better is a neighborhood bar/restaurant at the front of the subdivision!! (I know Villages at Rosedale has one - but the houses there are nice but not our style)

Compared to what we were looking at in South Charlotte in our price range(Beverly Crest, and the Ballantyne area) the houses in Monteith are MUCH more updated inside and for less money. I am very familiar with the I-77 commute and don't think it will be longer than coming from Ballantyne or Arboreteum area.

And after years of living in Statesville (before Greensboro), we are just very comfortable with Huntersville, since that's where we would go to eat and shop.

I checked the schools and am confortable with Huntersville Elem. and Bailey Road Middle (which is where Monteith Park goes now). We are more than 10 years from high school, so we will just see what happens there.

Hope that helps!

GirlTravels

Old 01-19-2007, 03:36 AM

286 posts, read 946,654 times
Quote:
X-ray and Carolina Blue:

We chose Monteith because we love the style of the homes and love all the greenspace in the subdivision, along with pool and playground and walking trails. We have young daughter and I want her to be able to play outside.

We also did not want vinyl siding and liked the hardyboard finish of these houses.

I loved that people had their jogging strollers out on sidewalks, etc. and didn't seem worried about theft. Also every time we have been there, we've seen people out and about - jogging, kids playing, etc. The only thing that would make it better is a neighborhood bar/restaurant at the front of the subdivision!! (I know Villages at Rosedale has one - but the houses there are nice but not our style)

Compared to what we were looking at in South Charlotte in our price range(Beverly Crest, and the Ballantyne area) the houses in Monteith are MUCH more updated inside and for less money. I am very familiar with the I-77 commute and don't think it will be longer than coming from Ballantyne or Arboreteum area.

And after years of living in Statesville (before Greensboro), we are just very comfortable with Huntersville, since that's where we would go to eat and shop.

I checked the schools and am confortable with Huntersville Elem. and Bailey Road Middle (which is where Monteith Park goes now). We are more than 10 years from high school, so we will just see what happens there.

Hope that helps!

GirlTravels
Hey Girl, Congats to your new home,so that is the beufort model- correct- i love that one. We were looking to build as well, the new phase isnt open yet for the cottage styles that we like, we were offered to build on i think it is called stump hill rd, they are offering free garages, but i think the road is to busy. We are also looking into Gilead village, but think Monteith is a better investment. I am in NY now ,hopefully will be down in april to buy or build.I have concerns reguarding no back yard, but still have to work on that, we also liked the green space available. I didnt like the salesgirl in the office, i dont think she liked us maybe because we were from ny-i dont know,next time i will deal with david in there. Well i am excited for you, that is a beautiful house, who knows someday we may see each other walking.
take care

Old 01-19-2007, 04:13 AM

X-Ray,

I think it's actually a Chester. It's on a bigger lot - 60 wide - and there is actually a nice backyard. But it does seem bigger than a lot of yards in the neighborhood.

Since we didn't build I don't know much about the sales people there. I spoke briefly to the guy (David?) and he was nice.

Good luck to you!

GirlTravels

Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,808 times
That is a great community. I have two clients with homes under contract in there.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:52 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,663 times
Quote:
X-ray and Carolina Blue:

Hope that helps!

GirlTravels
Congrats! We currently live in Monteith but just put our house on the market last week. The parents of our neighbors live in the corner house next door to you. They are very nice people. You have a great lot and the Chester is an awesome floorplan. Enjoy the neighborhood. It really is a great place and you can't beat the location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte