Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

I just fell down my wood floors of my steps in my sock feet to go downstairs about 8:30 p tonight and I had to go to the Emergency Room.
I am already back home an hour later.

The gash was pretty wide and I have no clue how my chin got involved but I went to Presybertian Hospital in Huntersville (within mile from my home) They had to put in seven stiches.

I just got back home.. WOW I was expecting this to be an all night affair.
Very friendly staff and the room I was treated in has glass sliding doors so you do not have to listen to hospital chatter.

I thought it was funny all the extra staff like this transporter his responsibilty was just to lead me from my room to the Cat scan area and back.

I am ok just wanted to say if you get a boo boo you dont have to wait that long to be treated and the staff will treat you right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:10 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,842 times
I agree I had to go a few months back and was in and out in no time.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:11 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times
Geeze Sunny! I am so sorry!!

But very thankful you are ok. And wonderful, fast service at the ER!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Dear me, Sunny. You would think we would learn about the socks and stairs - I have fallen two times - down 13 stairs - both times b/c of socks. And I still wear them, Hee Hee.

So sorry you got gashed up - but glad the ER experience was a good one. Nice to hear that Presby has a good ER in H'ville.

Here is a tip - do not take chances w/ a scar. Use that gel that helps prevent scarring. Very important on your face, especially. I believe it is called Mederma but I think you can get generic brands at pharmacies.

Glad you are back home in one piece . . .

Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Geeze Sunny! I am so sorry!!

But very thankful you are ok. And wonderful, fast service at the ER!!!
thanks autumgal that was sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dear me, Sunny. You would think we would learn about the socks and stairs - I have fallen two times - down 13 stairs - both times b/c of socks. And I still wear them, Hee Hee.

So sorry you got gashed up - but glad the ER experience was a good one. Nice to hear that Presby has a good ER in H'ville.

Here is a tip - do not take chances w/ a scar. Use that gel that helps prevent scarring. Very important on your face, especially. I believe it is called Mederma but I think you can get generic brands at pharmacies.

Glad you are back home in one piece . . .
Oh it not the first time lol but I usually blame the dog push me down but she was outside.
I knew I would have issue when I had the carpet removed and flooring installed (dont do this if you have kids).
I do enjoy sweeping stairs over vacuuming though.

Maybe I should invest in those ugly slippers they sale at Christmas time everywhere.

You recommended Mederma is this something different than Neosporin?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
thanks autumgal that was sweet

Oh it not the first time lol but I usually blame the dog push me down but she was outside.
I knew I would have issue when I had the carpet removed and flooring installed (dont do this if you have kids).
I do enjoy sweeping stairs over vacuuming though.

Maybe I should invest in those ugly slippers they sale at Christmas time everywhere.

You recommended Mederma is this something different than Neosporin?
Neosporin takes care of infection. Mederma helps heal the tissue so you won't have such a visible scar. Use the Neosporin while healing as your doc advised. Then after the gash is basically closed and healed, use the Mederma to lessen the longterm scarring.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Neosporin takes care of infection. Mederma helps heal the tissue so you won't have such a visible scar. Use the Neosporin while healing as your doc advised. Then after the gash is basically closed and healed, use the Mederma to lessen the longterm scarring.
Ok thanks I did not know this thank you for the tip. Another good reason for me to go to Walgreens to buy their 75% off Easter Peeps that they still have in stock..

Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM

158 posts, read 466,308 times
Sorry to hear of your fall Sunny. Glad to hear all is somewhat OK. I am also glad to know there is someone else who likes those peeps besides me! ;0)

Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Ok thanks I did not know this thank you for the tip. Another good reason for me to go to Walgreens to buy their 75% off Easter Peeps that they still have in stock..
LOL! Go for the purple ones.

Very glad you are going to be ok.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisquato View Post
Sorry to hear of your fall Sunny. Glad to hear all is somewhat OK. I am also glad to know there is someone else who likes those peeps besides me! ;0)
My mother, god bless her, stocks up on those things after Easter - freezes them.

I never could eat them after my baby sister cried when she saw me bite off one of their little heads, LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte