Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 05:07 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times

Advertisements

What's going on in Charlotte this weekend? I'm sending some peeps to go check out the city.

Last edited by JJingle; 04-15-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
What's going on in Charlotte this weekend? I'm sending some peeps to go check out the city.
Did you see this thread from earlier today?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...charlotte.html

Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
April 18th
Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood Charlotte Bobcats Arena :: Home
Two of the country music biggest stars.

April 19th
Spring Herb & Plant Festival Event Detail in Concord (http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/index.php?page=events&event_id=6577 - broken link)
Open-air market will have over seventy-five vendors in attendance offering: Common & unusual Herbs; Perennials; Annuals; Daylilies; Roses; Tropicals; Vegetables; Baked Goods; Pottery & Planters; Ironworks; Copperworks; Garden Art; Birdhouses; Antiques; Feeders; Teas; Jellies; Vinegars & Oils; Soaps; Lotions; Essential Oils; Tinctures; Salves; Aprons; Dried & Silk Arrangements & Wreaths; Handcrafted & Painted Items; Second-Hand Yard Items; and more. Visit the Master Gardener's "Dirt Cheap Booth" and "Herb Grower." A variety of plants will be available, as well as other items of interest.

April 18th-20th
Queen City Stomp
The Queen City Stomp is Southern Country Charlotte's signature annual fund raising event Southern Country Charlotte

April 19th - 20th
The Crafty Cat Spring Cat Fanciers’ Association Cat Show Charlotte Merchandise Mart (http://www.carolinasmart.com/frame.htm - broken link)
Bring your unleashed dog for entertainment.

April 20th
Charlotte Job Fair Charlotte Job Fair Businesses and Services. Information and ... Charlotte job fair businesses, services and professionals with information, ratings, reviews and recommendations.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Ah Ha, I was just going to start another thread when I saw this one. Here's some other stuff. There's some parties and club stuff going on too, like Dale Jr's new club having its grand opening weekend. That info should all be on Charlotte.com Friday, or late Thursday.

Events this Week & Weekend (4/17 – 4/20)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008
CHARLOTTE TASTE of the NATION
7pm - 10pm, Admission: $60
The Atrium – Two Wachovia Center
401 South Tryon Street, Uptown Charlotte
Enjoy a gourmet extravaganza featuring signature dishes from over 20 of Charlotte-area restaurants and culinary schools as well as fine wine, beer & other beverages, as well as Live Entertainment.
Charlotte Taste Of The Nation

Thursday April 17
CENTER CITY ALIVE AFTER FIVE - FREE
Two Wachovia Plaza – Uptown Charlotte
This is the original downtown after work party. Held every Thursday at Wachovia Plaza from 5:30-9:30
Charlotte Alive After Five

Thursday, April 17 thru Sunday April 20
COME-SEE-ME FESTIVAL 2008 – Rock Hill, SC
The Come-See-Me Festival is considered the largest, all-volunteer festival in South Carolina and attracts over 125,000 participants and visitors each year. The festival has been ranked in the Southeast's Top 20 Spring Festivals.
Thurs: Come-See-Me Annual Parade (http://comeseeme.rockhill.net/parade.htm - broken link)
Fri: Come-See-Me's Annual Beach Bash featuring The Original Tams - Rock Hill SC (http://comeseeme.rockhill.net/beachbash.htm - broken link)
Sat: Come-See-Me Festivals Annual Mayor's Frog Jump - Rock Hill SC (http://comeseeme.rockhill.net/frogjump.htm - broken link)
Sat & Sun: Gourmet Gardens during the Come-See-Me Festival in Rock Hill SC (http://comeseeme.rockhill.net/gourmetgardens.htm - broken link)

Saturday, April 19, from 11 a.m. to 6 pm
Sunday, April 20, from noon to 5 pm
ART ON THE GREEN in Downtown Davidson, NC - FREE
North Main Street, Davidson Town Green, 28036
This free festival will include artist’s exhibits, demonstrations, food and live music.
Downtown Davidson, Inc.

Saturday 04/19/2008
Sunday 04/20/2008
DANIEL STOWE BOTANICAL GARDEN'S SPRING PLANT SALE
This popular event will include vendors who offer quality, hard-to-find plants and garden accessories. Highlighting the weekend will be special guest Joe Washington of HGTV’s “Ground Breakers” fame. Washington will present seminars Saturday and Sunday, focusing on the topic drought tolerant gardens. Lectures will be at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day in the Visitor Pavilion.
9:00 am - 3:00 pm $10 adults, $9 seniors 60+, $5 children 4-12
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden

Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
Tell them to come next Saturday (April 26th)...it is the CEMF. Charlotte Electronic Music Festival in Freedom Park...starting at 3pm and lasting until...

A FREE event!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM

371 posts, read 1,101,613 times
[CENTER]This event used to be held at Southpark Mall. I can't wait to see what these ducks look like going down the rapids.
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]KinderMourn Hope Floats Duck Race[SIZE=3][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]Fourth Annual Hope Floats Duck Race
Sunday, April 20, 2008
U.S. National Whitewater Center
3:00 to 5:00 PM
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]Sunday, April 20, 2008

3:00 to 5:00 PM

[SIZE=3]http://kindermourn.org[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[/SIZE]

Old 04-16-2008, 02:29 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Lot of Earth Day stuff going on Saturday.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:31 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Tell them to come next Saturday (April 26th)...it is the CEMF. Charlotte Electronic Music Festival in Freedom Park...starting at 3pm and lasting until...

A FREE event!
I remember when everyone used to get together here during the day on weekends and play...that was years ago.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post

A FREE event!
Yes, that should be a good weekend, you also have these events below too, plus a lot of people will be in town for the Wachovia golf tournament which is sold out.

April 26 & 27, 2008
Art and Soul of South End
Art, Dancing, Singing, Performing - Art & Soul of South End has got it all. Enjoy hands-on art activities, live performances and interactive dance rountines! We have something for everyone - this event is fun for the whole family!
Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm
Art & Soul of South End

April 25 - 27
2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials
The three-day race festival will also include live music, Red Bull energy zone, YMCA kid's zone, sponsor booths, fireworks, a food court, beer & wine To top it off, the Riverbottom Throwdown, a USA Climbing sanctioned climbing competition, will be held at the climbing center on Saturday, April 26th following the race. Festival events begin daily at 10am.
US National Whitewater Center //// TAKE IT OUTSIDE !!! \\ - 2008 Olympic Team Trials (http://www.usnwc.org/2008-Olympic-Team-Trials.html - broken link)

Old 04-16-2008, 08:03 PM

Actually, I'm wrong above, the Wachovia is the following weekend, in May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte