Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:00 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Just wondering about this tradition here in Charlotte. Used to be, a lot of us instituted a regular "tea time" or "coffee break" around 3 pm.

Anyone still do that? I think that would be a nice tradition to bring back if it has been lost.

Have a special spot you go to for your tea or coffee break? Where do you go to buy your favorite herbal or blended tea? What types of tea do you drink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 02:05 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
PG Tips Hot Tea is good any time

Old 04-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
PG Tips Hot Tea is good any time
Sounds lovely! Guess I need to find myself some PG Tips!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
I just tried Chai Latte about a month ago and now I am hooked.
I have issue drinking Chai or other teas.. I want my tea to be cold and sweet.
The other problem I have with doing this is I want to take a nap afterwards

Old 04-23-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I just tried Chai Latte about a month ago and now I am hooked.
I have issue drinking Chai or other teas.. I want my tea to be cold and sweet.
The other problem I have with doing this is I want to take a nap afterwards
Yummy. That sounds soooo good. Now I want to escape the work and find myself a Chai Latte.

I am drinking some Dunkin Donut coffee, LOL. Not from DD - but a bag I picked up. My problem is - I only use half and half and we don't want to talk calories . . .

Old 04-23-2008, 03:46 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times
I work for a foodservice company so we have plenty of free or cheap coffee around here. We are currently serving DD coffee in our corporate cafe...and even that is free right now if you bought one of the reusable mugs made from corn plastic.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:52 PM

175 posts, read 546,193 times
That sure sounds like a nice tradition to bring back!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro2008 View Post
That sure sounds like a nice tradition to bring back!
I have always encouraged employees to have a tea/coffee break at 3 pm - in my own organization as well as those I consult for. It is nice to just take a breather and assess a bit b/f the end of the day. I do not think it hampers productivity. I think it enhances productivity. Also, for the Catholics, 3 pm is novena time so this is also a nice time to break and everyone do something to clear the mind. I am into TM (meditation) so I like a 10 or 15 min. break to visualize and do a mini-meditation. I have also had employees who did a few yoga stretches, or some chanting.

The stress can build up during the day, so that we are very tense by the time we walk out the door. (I work at home now, but you know what I mean). I think it is nice to take a few moments and break up those hours after lunch until commute time . . . so we can refresh a moment.

I rotate my teas. Here are some wh/ are currently in my cupboard. I would enjoy seeing what others are drinking.

Oolong
Black currant
Darjeeling
Lapsang Souchong
Earl Grey (son's favorite - he even likes it ICED)
Green Tea
White Tea
Pomegranate Rosehip

And we all have Celestial Seasonings, in several varieties . . .

For iced tea, I use Luzianne. Now there is my Southern tea secret # 1. Use Luzianne. That tip comes straight from my grandmother.

Tell me your favorite teas - and coffees! For flavored coffee, I like hazelnut.

And tell me if you have a favorite shop you go to for your teas and/or coffee beans.

Last edited by brokensky; 04-23-2008 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times
I would love to find a great tea house down there! I was down in Savannah in March last year and had high tea at a tea house for the first time and loved it. Bought some Savannah Grey there and it has become my favorite. I need to call them and see if I can get some shipped up here.

I don't drink coffee at all (love the smell, but can't stand the taste), but I love my tea. My favorites are Earl Grey and English Teatime. I also like English Breakfast sometimes. I've been into trying some new flavors lately and would love to find somewhere to do that.

Even my daughter is getting to like it more. Once she tried "real" tea, she was hooked. I would love to take her to tea when she finally gets down there to visit.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,034,821 times
Default Alf

My type of woman...tea and meditation!!!

I use to go to tea more frequently when I lived near Philly. I would take my clients to the best places and I found that the cheaper places actually were much better!

I have only been to tea twice down here so far and we went to the Ballantyne Resort. It was okay nothing special. I thought it was pricey for what you got and I don't like that you are right by the elevators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte