Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 PM

338 posts, read 897,243 times

Advertisements

My wife, son and I need to rent an apartment when we move in June. I hear that Atkins Circle is nice. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
My wife, son and I need to rent an apartment when we move in June. I hear that Atkins Circle is nice. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

It is a beautiful new complex, and you will be right in the middle of everything Ballantyne has to offer. The only thing I have wondered about is the noise level in these apartments since they sit right along I485.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 PM

Thanks for the info.!

P.S.: Are there any shops within the complex?

Old 04-23-2008, 10:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info.!

P.S.: Are there any shops within the complex?
There are, I just haven't paid close enough attention to tell you what they are, sorry! There are also several restaurants Also, the YMCA is only a 2 minute ride away. How old is your son?

Old 04-24-2008, 06:05 AM

Thanks.

My son is 17 mos. old.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 AM

55 posts, read 161,189 times
These are nice and are new as some are just being completed. The one model we were pursuing had not been occupied before, but we decided to go elsewhere due to the lack of a 6-month option and the inside, at least in pictures, did not appear as upgraded as some of the places we actually visited. But location is great for south siders, and rent is very reasonable if you are needing a 12 month least.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,826 times
Quote:

Thanks
We liked Atkins, but decided to go a mile up the road to "Post Ballantyne". Atkins was deffinately loud from traffic and we found there was NO greenspace at all. Lots of concrete and no place for kids to play. Yes there are shops close by. Some restraunts (Ruby Tues, Sticky Fingers, Hickory Tavern, Red Robin) and a very nice nursery. We just found Ballantyne to feel a little homier. They have greenspace, ponds, fountains, walking trails, playgrounds, etc. I mention these things because I see you have a lil one.
You can't go wrong at either place, really. Good Luck

Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times
I loved Atkins Circle, was on the top of my list. I loved the fact that stores was in walking distance--not good for young children, but my daughter was 14 when I looked. I got turned off my the saleswoman who showed me the apartment. She did not show me any amenities, I don't know what her problem was. She was rushing me through the process. I felt a little racism, so I did not fill out the application. These sales people are tired of people coming by and reviewing the property just to look--so I gave her that benefit. However, I must feel comfortable if you want me to pay the rent.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,308 times
Does anyone Know a day care close to atkins circle...but not in Ballantyne commons...because I would be stuck in traffic...something more close to the left side when you arrive from 485?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,308 times
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
We liked Atkins, but decided to go a mile up the road to "Post Ballantyne". Atkins was deffinately loud from traffic and we found there was NO greenspace at all. Lots of concrete and no place for kids to play. Yes there are shops close by. Some restraunts (Ruby Tues, Sticky Fingers, Hickory Tavern, Red Robin) and a very nice nursery. We just found Ballantyne to feel a little homier. They have greenspace, ponds, fountains, walking trails, playgrounds, etc. I mention these things because I see you have a lil one.
You can't go wrong at either place, really. Good Luck

Hi..what is the name of the nursery ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte