Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 04:21 PM

80 posts, read 200,085 times

Advertisements

If I am going to be working in Charlotte... 6100 Fairview... which I believe is in the Southpark area...What town in Union County or Southeast Charlotte would be the fastest and easiest commute from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhotbachatera View Post
If I am going to be working in Charlotte... 6100 Fairview... which I believe is in the Southpark area...What town in Union County or Southeast Charlotte would be the fastest and easiest commute from?
Why not live in the South Park area? What's your price range?

Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,592 times
I live in Riverpointe just off Hwy 49 on Lake Wylie. I worked in that building for five years. I left my house around 7-7:30 and it took me around 30 minutes to get into town a real easy commute.

If you are looking in the $300,000 and up range this community would be very desirable.

However, if you would like a shorter commute you should look around Quail Corners area. It is a beautiful area and you are only a few minutes away from work. Beverly Woods East, Mountainbrook and so many others.

Look luck with your search. The area is area 5 and if you look in caroinahome.com you should fine something in your price range that you will love.

I am not a realtor but if I can help, please let me know.

dunroven

Old 04-25-2008, 09:24 AM

I would like to rent first, I really want to stay around $1000 a month for a 3 bedroom 2 bath. I believe SouthPark is a great area, but wouldn't you say it is out of my price range? I have 2 children who will be sophmores and one going into kndregarten. I need to be in a good neighborhood.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,926 times
Quote:
I would like to rent first, I really want to stay around $1000 a month for a 3 bedroom 2 bath. I believe SouthPark is a great area, but wouldn't you say it is out of my price range? I have 2 children who will be sophmores and one going into kndregarten. I need to be in a good neighborhood.
It would be very hard to rent a 3 bedroom for $1,000 in Southpark. You could find one probably in the Pineville area and Carmel Commons both about 15 minutes away. Also Quail Hollow area.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM

I would like to stay in the southeast charlotte or union county area.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
I would like to stay in the southeast charlotte or union county area.
$1000 for a 3 bedroom house won't be found, so look for apartments instead. I would suggest you look to stay along hwy 51 somewhere. I like Echo Forest apartments, which are great because they are right across the road from Providence High School, though unfortunately I think their 3 bedrooms are over $1200. But do check them out to be sure. Also, other places along 51 like the apartments Piper Station at Piper Glen and Marquis of Carmel Commons. Good luck to you!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,592 times
Quote:
Try Olde Georgetowne. It is a condo complex with a great pool and the
common areas make you feel like you are out in the country with all the grass.

There are quite a few for sale and you may be able to pick up a lease.

Also, there are some apartments right at Southpark, can't think of the their name that might work for you. Maybe someone reading the post will have more information on the rental side for you.

I wish you luck!

Dunroven

Old 04-26-2008, 08:16 AM

529 posts, read 1,979,664 times
You could look in Indian Trail or Waxhaw. With traffic, you would look at 45 minutes to South Park. My wife works across the street from South Park and we live in Monroe and it takes her 45 minutes on average to get there in the mornings. Throw in a car wreck on either side and it will add 20 minutes because of everyone looking!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:50 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,959 times
you could try fairington or hamptons at southpark, they might be in your price range. there's also camden pinehust which have nice apartments. i believe it's in your price range and it's in a nice area and very close to southpark. hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte