Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2007, 05:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,321 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I will be moving down to the Charlotte Area in about 6 months for work. My job will be in Albemarle, NC. Does anyone have any experience with the commute from Charlotte/Kannapolis/Concord to Albemarle? How long is the drive? Are there any available housing/apartments in between the two locations? Or perhaps on the edge of Charlotte or Concord that would shorten commute time?

I've visited Albemarle and it's a nice community, but it's just that for a guy in his early 30's with no family, it just doesn't have much to offer in the way of 'extras'. If I had a wife and the 2.5, things would be different.

Any info would be appreciated. Thank in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 02:59 PM

92 posts, read 373,675 times
Concord isn't much better than Albemarle, but is a lot closer to CHarlotte. Your best bet might be the edge of the University area in Charlotte, up off N.C. 49(University City Blvd). There is a really nice new complex there called Halton Park. That would put you out of the way of any real Charlotte traffic in the mornings, and it would be a straight shot up 49N to 73E, I would guess 35-40 minutes. (Or you could go down 485 to 24/27 but I think that route takes longer) Also, you will have to drive 10 minutes to get to the grocery store or anything else except Wendy's really. If you move over to the N. Tryon St. side of University area, there are numerous apartment complexes closer to restaurants, shopping ecetera, if that is your thing. Of course, dealing with traffic, lights could add as much as 10-15 minutes to your commute, but maybe not since you won't be going with the rush hour traffic. You might try anything close to The Shoppes at University Place on JW Clay if being near shopping, restaurants, grocery stores and bars is important. I wish I could give you the names of the places there, but the only one I can remember is Walden Court on Olmsted Drive and Lakeshore Village (which is a condominium complex but private owners often rent out thier condos) on JM Keynes.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 7,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazen View Post
Hello all. I will be moving down to the Charlotte Area in about 6 months for work. My job will be in Albemarle, NC. Does anyone have any experience with the commute from Charlotte/Kannapolis/Concord to Albemarle? How long is the drive? Are there any available housing/apartments in between the two locations? Or perhaps on the edge of Charlotte or Concord that would shorten commute time?

I've visited Albemarle and it's a nice community, but it's just that for a guy in his early 30's with no family, it just doesn't have much to offer in the way of 'extras'. If I had a wife and the 2.5, things would be different.

Any info would be appreciated. Thank in advance!
Get a job in Charlotte!! Problem solved.......... I live in Albemarle (not born here I'm a true blue Yankee) it grows on you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte