Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:12 PM

21 posts, read 59,813 times

Advertisements

the whole idea of this good for nothing wapping 1,200 check is Bush patting himself on the back before he leaves office, in reality the checks will have little or no effect on the econemy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron looking to leave View Post
the whole idea of this good for nothing wapping 1,200 check is Bush patting himself on the back before he leaves office, in reality the checks will have little or no effect on the econemy
ron- Your grandchildren will be paying back that rebate 30 years from now. Bush - What a disaster!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Wow! the government gives money back to the people and there are complaints. I hope this isn't the same type of people claiming the first tax breaks were only for the rich.

Nothing better than to have the government control my money

Old 05-04-2008, 02:14 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,130 times
Default Loves if you make over a certain amount

You don't get a check.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:50 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Did you go out to irs.gov and do the worksheet to see if you qualify?It says we do too, but my inlaws number is after ours and they got theirs this morning. We still have nothing.
Yes, there is even a link for the tax rebate status and I'm not even in it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be getting a paper check, which isn't helping me this weekend or next weekend, since my B-day is coming and i want a present.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
My SS ends with 00 and I filed electronically and received my rebate Feb. 3rd. and still have not received mine either so be patient. The Charlotte area is still doing okay financially we are last.
Thanks for the reassurance. I beleive that the GOVT might be overwhelemed since they are issuing so many checks. I still want mine in my greedy little hands.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:15 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Thanks for the reassurance. I beleive that the GOVT might be overwhelemed since they are issuing so many checks. I still want mine in my greedy little hands.
XNYgirl - You should be seeing that money sooner than you think! Happy Birthday, BTW!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM

36 posts, read 119,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I can't see that past the 11 high rises being built around me.... and 5.0% unemployment rate.

So you had a boom now things are back to normal and your freaking? Did you invest to much into what was known 5 years ago as a bubble. I happen to be in that housing/construction industry maybe you could find a more stable company we have so many openings it's getting sort of bad.

Anyone who makes such generalizations doesn't pay enough attention.

Can we get back on subject now?
who is freaking? I belive your entire statement is generalized, and you just showed that it is best to remain silent and thought of a ..... need I go on?

I hear ya. Find a new company? I own my company and as slow as it is and only 5% revenue coming in compared to 15 months ago, and I am still doing very well thank you. Just bought 2 auto's and there paid for so is my house. Never said I wasn't doing well, Just not as well as I could be.
What I was saying is the whole economy in Charlotte is not good. Your stuck in the middle of 11 high rises going up and you assume the rest of the economy is just as great. Commercial construction is a totally different beast. It is effected differently than the rest of the economy. Those are long term projects, designed to accommodated future growth. Those buildings will be there 100 years from now making money for the banks that financed the construction.
Cough..cough gas prices?? Truckers threatening strike couple weeks ago? Food prices soaring, crime is soaring in Charlotte. Most likely a direct effect of the increase of prices. New home sales at a 17 year low(and you call it normal??) WOW Hush now please. Yea bro Charlotte is going peachy huh?
I been in construction for 20 years. Thats before the bubble. Heck, I helped get the bubble going. I remember when there were no mexican crews.
The economy is not good and I can site so much factual information I'd take up 3 pages here. Did I mention I also manage 3 investment accounts on the side for 3.5 years?
Untill the housing market picks up. along with oil coming down we'll be in slow death trouble. To trigger things, people have to spend there money so the spending is reflected in the monthly NFP, GDP, and FOMC, consumer confidence will show increase, and the value of the $ will establish a bottom and rebound against the other currencies of the world. Then the news people will report the economy is doing well, and people will start making long term commitments such as new home buying, and the economy will be on the way back to "normal"
I could go on but I won't.

Bottom line is just spend the money coming from this and the desired effect will come in the next 2-3 months. But it takes time to recover. We didn't fall this far over night.

Last edited by DavesJeep; 05-04-2008 at 08:44 PM..

Old 05-05-2008, 01:10 AM

Okay you win can we keep this on track?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post

People beside of me that filed after and have higher SS numbers have gotten theirs first......maybe a bank update issue?

I will keep it updated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte