Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,368 times

Advertisements

Hello all

My family and I are thinking of moving to Mooresville from California next summer. Is Mooresville a good place to settle down in and does anyone know if it easy to get a job as a teacher in Mooresville? Any suggestions or feedback back would be wonderful. Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 02:24 PM

615 posts, read 536,419 times
Mooresville would be a great place to settle. It is safe with low crime rates, great neighborhoods, good shopping, closest major mall about 20 miles away, good restaurants, close to Lake Norman. Reasonable cost of living with low property taxes. But I do not know about the availability of teaching positions in Mooresville city schools. But not far away in same county is Statesville Iredell schools. And just down the road is the Charlotte Mecklenburg schools. Surely there I a job somewhere in the vicinity. Or you could drive 20 miles west to Catawba County schools or 20 miles East to Cabarrus county schools

Old 10-17-2020, 08:37 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Good reply above! Just want to add that the town of Mooresville and its outlying areas are served by Mooresville Graded School District and Iredell-Statesville schools.

Check into both school systems for employment opportunities.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:00 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalia2020 View Post
Hello all

My family and I are thinking of moving to Mooresville from California next summer. Is Mooresville a good place to settle down in and does anyone know if it easy to get a job as a teacher in Mooresville? Any suggestions or feedback back would be wonderful. Thanks so much
Just make sure you research the cancer cluster up there. Mooresville has the highest thyroid cancer rate in the entire state.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:01 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
With the rising number of Covid cases in North Carolina and a lot of older teachers "retiring on a moment's notice", there should be more than the usual number of openings in the teaching profession. Just be prepared to take a salary cut in your move from California. Depending on where and how long you've been teaching out there, you may find that North Carolina Teacher Salary equals California Teacher Salary/2. But at least, the savings in housing costs lessens that sting.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:02 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
With the rising number of Covid cases in North Carolina and a lot of older teachers "retiring on a moment's notice", there should be more than the usual number of openings in the teaching profession. Just be prepared to take a salary cut in your move from California. Depending on where and how long you've been teaching out there, you may find that North Carolina Teacher Salary equals California Teacher Salary/2. But at least, the savings in housing costs lessens that sting.
NC has some of the lowest paid teachers in the US and NC an SC were ranked some of the worst education in the US for 2020. It’s gonna be a shocker for sure

Old 11-17-2020, 06:04 AM

356 posts, read 370,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalia2020 View Post
Hello all

Teachers in this area seem very unhappy with their jobs, especially in 28117.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:37 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard2 View Post
Teachers in this area seem very unhappy with their jobs, especially in 28117.
I don't think it's just teachers in this area this year. I think teachers all over the US are unhappy.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:09 AM

210 posts, read 198,980 times
Just remember NC is roughly bottom 3 in the country for teachers.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:30 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,530,211 times
Mooresville is really growing. There has been so much growth along I-77 especially. However, you can drive just two-three miles away from that area and find some areas with great subdivisions that are less congested. Sorry you are in the teaching profession. Hopefully, you do it more for the love and mentorship, than for the salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte