Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times

Advertisements

I'm out of ideas here. We bought a LCD Flat Screen TV and the choices that the store (HH Gregg) offered were limited and after physically going to Target and checking the websites of BestBuy, Circuit City, Crate & Barrel, Rooms To Go, Ikea I can't seem to find anythign that fits our decor. I'm open to any suggestions and really want somewhere we I can go and physically look at it.

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm not wanting to spend a lot of $$ and the ones that I like are in the $1000 range. I'd like to spend around $300 or so.

Help???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,980,371 times
What style would fit your decor? Contempory? Traditional?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:03 PM

77 posts, read 217,426 times
Queen City Appliance. Locations all over Charlotte. They beat eveyone's price. Just tell them what prices you have seen around town. I recd a great price on a Sony 46" Ask for Jeff (I thnk his last name is Philps) @ the Pineville locaton.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
If good used would work, try an office furniture store. I bought a great rolling stand with doors underneath for about $70 - solid oak, not a mark on it. Of course, this was for a smaller TV than yours is likely to be. But consider office furnitrue - maybe a credenza? Used or new.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,077 times
Try Big Lots as well. The sell things by Sauder.
You want to find something made by Sauder. They are affordable. If you browse their website, I believe you can search for the closest dealer that carries the item. Bookcases

Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM

19 posts, read 58,190 times
you can't see it in person but try Find Great Deals Everyday! Home Decorators Collection Online Outlet. I have gotten a few things from them and have been very happy with them.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:54 PM

417 posts, read 813,682 times
Shopping is exhausting.....I agree, it's better to purchase something that you can actually see in person but we finally purchased from Costco and were pleased.

Costco - Furniture - Consoles & Stands

Prior to that we had went looking a whole day..went into 'Bassett' found one we really liked took a couple hours to think about it...went back to the store and found out the stand was on back order for 3 to 4 months!...the store didn't even post a sign and lead us to believe they had it in stock the whole time we were looking at it......I was so disapointed.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:04 PM

11 posts, read 38,126 times
Default real TV

All furniture is over priced. T.v. stands are way over the limit just for glass and metal. Or plywood most furniture isnt real wood any more. I would try some of the smaller furniture store. Also I could hang it on the wall for you set your own price!

Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I'm out of ideas here. We bought a LCD Flat Screen TV and the choices that the store (HH Gregg) offered were limited and after physically going to Target and checking the websites of BestBuy, Circuit City, Crate & Barrel, Rooms To Go, Ikea I can't seem to find anythign that fits our decor. I'm open to any suggestions and really want somewhere we I can go and physically look at it.

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm not wanting to spend a lot of $$ and the ones that I like are in the $1000 range. I'd like to spend around $300 or so.

Help???
Jake - About 8 months ago, I was in a similar situation. I didn't want to pay an arm and leg for an audio rack and TV stand. I checked out several places and found this one, which may have something you like, for a price you're willing to pay.

TV Stands - Entertainment Centers, Speaker Stands & Audio Racks

I was going to buy from them when at the last minute I found an audio rack I liked at Circuit City on sale. I got it in Matthews and ended up riding all the way out to the Hickory CC store to buy the matching TV stand. What a journey! But it was worth it. The Racks & Stands web site had pieces that I liked and would have purchased them if the Circuit City deals didn't work out! Good luck in your search!

Last edited by TheEmissary; 06-02-2008 at 12:50 AM..

Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 AM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Oak Express sometimes has good deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte