Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:07 AM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times

Advertisements

Not "jilted" at all...
just find it humorous that everything I described about gator fans has been proven true by your replies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM

284 posts, read 605,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestem View Post
Not "jilted" at all...
just find it humorous that everything I described about gator fans has been proven true by your replies...
Stem, you win. Your posts seem to be deeply rooted in logic versus emotion. You haven't gone into hyperbole at all, and you haven't grasped at any straws. And clearly I've been whining and overly emotional versus logical. Best of luck to you, sir.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 AM

How bout that whuppin?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:06 AM

33 posts, read 88,112 times
Hey Gator,
Thanks for bumping this thread. I don't know what Kool-Aid Stem is drinking but Miami is still the Miami of the last 4-5 years. And if he wants to talk total number of National Championships - sorry to rain on his parade but ROLL TIDE. While we also have nothing to brag about lately (accept ruining the NC hopes for the best ACC team this year), we do have a few more NC's than him and if I remember correctly, the last one came at the expense of the Canes. And by the route that took place that night, it was expensive.

For all these OSU fans that continue to say that the SEC as a whole is not any better than their or any other conference. The ones that continue to say they would survive the SEC schedule with no more than one loss and still make the NC game. All SEC schools play 8 in-conference games per year. Let's look at OSU's record against the last 8 SEC teams they have played... Is that right, 0-8 against 6 different teams? That can't be right...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M2Clt View Post
Hey Gator,
Thanks for bumping this thread. I don't know what Kool-Aid Stem is drinking but Miami is still the Miami of the last 4-5 years. And if he wants to talk total number of National Championships - sorry to rain on his parade but ROLL TIDE. While we also have nothing to brag about lately (accept ruining the NC hopes for the best ACC team this year), we do have a few more NC's than him and if I remember correctly, the last one came at the expense of the Canes. And by the route that took place that night, it was expensive.

For all these OSU fans that continue to say that the SEC as a whole is not any better than their or any other conference. The ones that continue to say they would survive the SEC schedule with no more than one loss and still make the NC game. All SEC schools play 8 in-conference games per year. Let's look at OSU's record against the last 8 SEC teams they have played... Is that right, 0-8 against 6 different teams? That can't be right...
Hey SEC brother! I have great respect for 'Bama. And yeah, although I usually wouldn't go into a thread after the fact to rub someone's face in it - if you feel like going back and reading, his posts were so full of emotion and nonsense versus actual logic that I figured it was worth it. Upon rereading, I thought mine (and ohioan's) posts were pretty even-keeled and reasonable versus Stem's. And then he had the gall to say that the things I said proved what he thought about Gator fans to begin with. Unreal from a guy who sounds like he's 12 or 13 from his angry posts.

To defend Ohioan, he didn't seem to make any claim that the Big 10 was superior - and truthfully, I've agreed with you about the state of denial most OSU fans live in until this year - most OSU people I talk to realize the boat they're in. They're the biggest fish in a pond that is betting smaller, and when they play bigger fish from bigger ponds, they get eaten. I won't crow too loudly over the recent SEC dominance, though - this year it could be FL, GA, or (insert other SEC team here) in the championship against Ohio State and we could get smacked down. That's the beautiful thing about sports - what happens on the field settles everything, and no amount of smacktalk can save someone from having their team exposed on the field.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM

33 posts, read 88,112 times
Agree 100%! I wasn't meaning my statement toward Ohioan just a number of other rowdy OSU fans that love to downplay the strength of the SEC even after the two whoopins they received the last two years. I think once UGA gets rolling, them or UF or AU could have their way with OSU this year. Heck, Bama and LSU probably could after the way they played OHIO U. It will be interesting to see how USC does with them. Another program that gets a lot of praise even though they usually lose a game or two to iffy opponants.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:01 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M2Clt View Post
Hey Gator,

Clemson by far is not the best ACC team. They might have the best two RB tandem in the nation but they underachieve in all other facets.

As for the Canes, they played a lot better than I thought. UF should have killed them but the Canes D for the most part had UF on lock.

As for Ohio State, if they can barely escape Ohio, there is no way they will even stay close with USC this upcoming weekend. Wells is good but one player doesn't save a team if they decide to use him even though it isn't 100%.

Thus, I leave it like this. Preseason rankings does not tell you who is the best. West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Clemson, Tennessee, Pittsburgh... all preseason top 25 with losses in the first two weeks.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:40 AM

23 posts, read 86,004 times
omg UT! booooooo. fire fat phil!!! mr. idrathrbnsowal is a UT alumn and agrees he's gotta go.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,039 times
I thought this thread was about the alligator hunt in South Carolina!

Old 01-11-2009, 06:51 PM

And look - at the end of the year, the SEC was once again proven dominant (with my Gators leading the charge), and you were correct about Fulmer being gone. Ah, the other homers who posted on this thread weren't exactly objective, were they? Good season, everyone, and Go Gators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte