Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 04:26 PM

217 posts, read 512,150 times

Advertisements

We are looking into buying in a golf Club community. We have researched or found info on Mallard Head, Northstone, River Run, Skyrook, and the Peninsula. Most of these areas there is only resale homes available. I was trying to obtain info on which were most desirable and worth buying in . Since most of these areas we would have to purchase an existing home and put $ into a house I want to make sure the homes values are good. Are any of these areas over priced? Are any better/worse for any reason?

Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 PM

9 posts, read 29,771 times
All of these communities are in the north of the city and I live in the south side, but I have played a few of the courses. Northstone is a very good course and has some nice real estate. It appears to be well established and I think that most of the home sites have been sold so you are not going to but a home and find the developer reducing prices by 10% the next month!!

Skybrook has a nice Weiland (spelling?) development, but the course is not private so you have Joe Schmoe and his beer buddies out there with you most days. The course is well liked by most who play it, but it is not one of my favorites.

I don't know where Mallard Head is and River Run is a public course just like Skybrook, no info for you on the real estate up there, but it is right beside Lowes Motor Speedway - NASCAR land!! Peninsula is a private up-scale development and although I don't know for sure I would guess that the home prices are well up there as it is right on the lake. Without doubt this is the most desirable of the areas you mention.

It all depends on where you want to be in the Charlotte area. For example there is a new development called Red Bridge going on over on the east side of the city which looks really nice and affordable, then on the Lake Wylie side there is the Palisades which is comparable with the Peninsula and they have just completed the highway from there into town. If you want to go on the west side of Lake Norman, Verdict Ridge in Denver has some quality housing and a new road has been built from there to 485.

There are a number of more established areas in the south of town, but it sounds like you are looking north.

I hope this helps a little. If you have more specific questions please let me know.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:28 AM

9 posts, read 29,771 times
OOps, I gave you some bum info. I got River Run and Rocky River mixed up. River Run is a real nice private course in the small college town of Davidson. Excellent location off Lake Norman. Not sure of the real estate situation, but they have just re-done all the greens and tees and done a very nice job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte