Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times

Advertisements

this is a mix use area with alot of manufacturing complexes near by for instance Red Oak Beer is made nearby and the placement of the lid of a can onto the can makes a loud ka pow sound.
Im not saying this is it but there is alot of industry in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Are you hearing drive bys????

Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM

45 posts, read 133,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It is Dove Season

Dove season?? They hunt doves?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:19 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,335 times
Well, if you aren't hearing about anyone being shot around where the gunshots are coming from, then I wouldn't be overly concerned with it. Maybe call the police so they can check it out, but otherwise sounds like it's people goofing around.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
By my deffinition, my husband qualifies as a domestically raised bird. (DoDo) When can I shoot him???????
Just kiddin, I love that man
LMAO

Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
LOL Doorway as well

Old 10-02-2008, 03:46 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,219,334 times
NY has very strict gun laws, NC does not. I don't have all the rules, but I don't think Charlotte even has a law to restrict shooting in the city. I hear gunshots near me in Huntersville, they are skeet/target shooting.

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 PM

16 posts, read 99,399 times
Yeah I barely ever heard any gunshots whatsoever in NY, miss it btw, but it does make me feel just a weee bit unsecured... We have been receiving some crime here lately for example not too long ago during the beginning of summer time, a spanish guy was walking around the neighborhood selling ice cream in his little car and we even bought some for my 5 year old sister but by the time we left outside the neighborhood my entire family saw him struggling to walk and when he turned looking towards us you could see a huge red bloody spot coming from his abdomen area. I covered my baby sisters eyes and hoped she didn't see that. Turns out a couple of really messed up guys were trying to steal from this poor man what little money he had on him and then stabbed him. Why do I feel that my family and I made the wrong decision in moving here? Don't get me wrong but I love all the greenery I can get from this wonderful place but maybe I just moved into a very dangerous place is all. Trust me when I say that what I hear are gunshots and not some other weird noise, there was even a Helicopter going around my area and just making circles as if looking for something or maybe taking care of the place :: shrugs :: who knows.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibyroll22 View Post
spanish guy was walking around the neighborhood selling ice cream in his little car and we even bought some for my 5 year old sister .
The area you are living in is a high crime area. If this area is affordable for you I wish you best of luck but I would be very wary about teaching a five year old it is ok to approach a stranger in a car.

Bless your heart

Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 PM

16 posts, read 99,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The area you are living in is a high crime area. If this area is affordable for you I wish you best of luck but I would be very wary about teaching a five year old it is ok to approach a stranger in a car.

Bless your heart
LMAO, I'm sorry I wasn't clear on that. This spanish man was walking around and pushing his little white car, ringing his bell and waiting to see if there was anyone interested in buying ice cream. Now in NY this is a very common thing to see especially when kids are coming out of school, you'll see at least one person walking around the entrance of the school and selling ice cream. Coming from NY I can tell you that my little sister knows a lot more about safety then any normal 5 year old since we always practice with her on what she can do and can not do. It's really hard to let my sister walk around by herself or even play with the neighborhood kids but she is always supervised. As for the affordable area price, we live in a new built house and are paying a pretty high amount on the mortgage. I'm more afraid of letting her ride on a school bus since she was almost lost on her first day at school while trying to come back home, plus I almost was about to lose my nerves on the school principal, my question was what if I never get to see her again? Honestly can you blame me for feeling this way? Is any of this normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte