Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:42 PM

28 posts, read 88,985 times

Advertisements

We used to live in Clemmons and our neighborhood actually backed up to the Tanglewood park. Frankly, I was never that impressed with it at Christmas AND they charged $12 per car (and that was 10 years ago). McAdenville is free to everyone and was originally started by a company that wanted to give back to the community. It's just a nice local tradition that makes for a good family holiday experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 06:04 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,531 times
We just got back from McAdenville and it was lovely. We enjoyed it so much we drove through twice. Very tasteful, pretty decorations. We really felt the spirit of Christmas there. My DH had a great idea, he thought a radio broadcast while driving through town with the history of McAdenville would enhance the drive around town.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:36 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,656 times
Well we went to Tanglewood this past Saturday. I expected a lot of traffic but Lordy what a disaster that was. We got to exit 182 at 8:30p. At 11:30p we made it to the entrance. The lights were nice but not worth $14 and 3 hours of waiting. The total drive through the park was about 45 minutes. Tanglewood did seem like a pretty nice park from what we could see of it.

I think we're doing Mcadenville next year, or maybe this upcoming weekend.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
I think you have to not look at the price by the car but divide it up by each person in that car and it great if they do contribute to the price. like you and your sweet nothings go it only 7 bucks a person.
I never seen the park in the daytime but seems like a good place to play golf.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:13 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,862 times
We went to McAdenville last night, but so did YOU, didn't you?? It seemed like the entire population of the Charlotte metro area was there, along with their out of town guests!! LOL We went around 6:30 pm, and once I resolved to grin and bear it we just stayed in the orderly but mostly stationary line of cars until we approached the I85 overpass. One son and I got out and walked ahead into town down to the lake. We came back and got back in the car and drove through town. It was very nice and everyone wishing everyone else a Merry Christmas. But we pulled out at 9:15pm and the lights were supposed to go off (week night) at 9:30 and there was still a line of cars on I85 that stretched back to Charlotte. I wonder if they eventually got turned away. It was fun, and everyone should do it once... but once was probably enough.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte