Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 AM

105 posts, read 552,479 times

Advertisements

We're going to be coming to the area in early April to visit Charlotte and do some house-hunting. We'll be getting a hotel somewhere for a day or two.

I believe we have narrowed down our search to South Charlotte...as narrow as that is! Pretty much anywhere from South Charlotte/Union County, and also potentially Ft. Mill SC area. My husband is a school teacher and will be looking for a job once we figure out the area that we like the best (so proximity to the city isn't necessarily important)

Soooo....suggestions on hotels? Ideally, I'd like something on the nicer end, as this will be one of the few times my husband and I will have some time without the kids....so I'm not really looking for an Econo-lodge...lol. I'm not against staying near or in the city...but I do want it convenient for us when we are touring the area.

I guess I'd also be open to B & B's in the area, but honestly I'm more of a "pool and jacuzzi" type of person than a "country inn" person. But I'd take a B&B with great food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I'd like to hear about this as well. I am kind of thinking of coming down when the kids get off for spring vac, Apr 9, and staying at one of those, jeez what do you call them... extended stays. I would like to go for a weekend before that with just dh before that, but also go later w the kids as to include them and go for a 2nd visit, maybe even interview? hmm... SWo, i am asking the same ?? as Nanseev.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,152 times
Here are a few hotels in the Ballantyne area that are close to restaurants and shopping. The resort is 4 star, so expect to pay... Have fun...

http://www.ballantyneresort.com/
http://www.extendedstaynetwork.com/D...ocationID=6596
http://www.extendedstaynetwork.com/D...cationID=15607

Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times
We like to stay at Residence Inns. They will feed you a hot breakfast and even dinner Sunday-Thur nights! And there is a small kitchen.

There is one on Tyvola in South Charlotte. I am sure there are more, but I see that one as I drive up the 77.

Dawn

PS: I am a high school teacher

Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 AM

227 posts, read 293,225 times
Sometimes you can get a nice deal at the Westin uptown. Its quite nice. Its not hard to get to the southern area's you are looking at.

edit: just for kicks i check April6-8 at the Westin. Its $115 night.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 AM

743 posts, read 2,243,747 times
There is Courtyard at Marriott on 74 in Matthews, Country Inn and Suites in Matthews. These are right off of 485 which will take you anywhere you need to go as well as 74 will take you straight into Union County. I have stayed at both of these and they are very clean, rates are affordable and staff is great. Plus the courtyard has breakfast buffet in the lobby every morning.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
The most convenient places for you would probably be in Ballantyne -- zip code there is 28277. I have had clients stay at the Staybridge suites there, and they loved it. There is also a Mariott Courtyard I believe. Marriott Residence Inn in Piper Glen is also nearby. Best of luck

Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 AM

396 posts, read 1,631,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
The most convenient places for you would probably be in Ballantyne -- zip code there is 28277. I have had clients stay at the Staybridge suites there, and they loved it. There is also a Mariott Courtyard I believe. Marriott Residence Inn in Piper Glen is also nearby. Best of luck

I agree. We've been in Ballantyne for the entire two weeks of house-hunting and it's been great. Our area of concentration was the same as yours and Ballantyne worked out super. And as an added bonus...there are lots of great restaurants. Thanks to everyone on this board, we enjoyed lots of different sushi!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 11:25 AM

44 posts, read 174,584 times
Default Hotels

If you are working with a Realtor they should have a deal with a local hotel as I do offering their clients a special low rate. When looking in Union County and South Charlotte hotels on 74 work well giving acess into South Charlotte, Matthews and Union County.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:36 PM

84 posts, read 123,401 times
I like the old Park Hotel and the Doubletree Inn in South Park. Right next to the mall and convienient to all house hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte