Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:56 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times

Advertisements

Just a heads up for those in or near the area. There is an Aveda Salon and Spa in Rivergate! It's near Hallmark across from Just Fresh and City Tavern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 09:07 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
NO WAY! I am going to check this out ASAP!!! Thanks for posting this!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
So we suddenly have two new users commenting on this salon, one must be a rival salon the other must be the salon owner

Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 11,148 times
russ?

Old 01-29-2009, 01:40 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Gosh, I would love to hear some more opinions. Aveda is usually quite strict about their standards . . .

Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
You've got me there. I've never been there. That said, I'm not anti-hairstylists in any way. Talented hairdressers are a real gift, in my opinion.

But, that said, I have participated in forums for over a decade, and have moderated in a number of forums in my industry. Sometimes you see patterns; you start to notice when someone -- or better yet, multiple someones -- with no previous posting history suddenly register one after the other to post glowing reviews of something or someone. In many -- I'd say most -- cases, these are promotional efforts rather than members giving heartfelt opinions.

This may not be the case with what's happened here. If not, I do apologize. It just seemed to fit the profile. Just sayin'.
I've seen this many times as well. Which is one reason why this forum's rules say

Quote:
Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM

646 posts, read 1,156,224 times
Thanks, NCgirl. That's a helpful rule for any forum.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:48 PM

14 posts, read 40,740 times
I moved to NC from New York 2 years ago and have been looking for a good salon. I had been going to a salon in South Park but it was really far to travel for a cut and very expensive. I tried the Aveda Salon in Rivergate. One of their master cutters gave me a great cut. I have naturally curly hair and Jeannie at Aveda was able to give me a cut that I could easily style at home. Great new salon with a friendly and professional staff

Last edited by BILL AND BARBARA; 11-19-2009 at 10:48 PM..

Old 06-09-2010, 07:34 AM

11 posts, read 30,612 times
i posted last year but it was deleted due to circumspect that i work there,lol. i do not. i still go there. my husband still goes there. my stylist now is jeaniee and she has a gift with the color....great girl... they are not so good at t he little things u expect like offering u tea, givng u a hand massgae while u wait, etc, but its a small staff so that may be why. but the work, the hair they do there, is fabulous. jeannie is one of the best in my opinion. they are also very friendly and u feel very relaxed while u are there. i have been an aveda client always ans while the chicness and total revolving around the customer isnt on par with new yorks standards, the absolute quality of the finishe dproduct is absolutely there and i always walk out looking and feeling like a million bucks

Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 AM

83 posts, read 445,211 times
I went to the Aveda salon in Rivergate and it was ok but i wasn't super impressed. It was expensive ($168 for cut and color) and my hair cut wasn't that great honestly. I've never been to a hair salon where they give you a hand rub...lol....that's not what I'm interested when I get my hair done. I went to another slaon in the Bi-Lo shopping center across the street and the girl did a much better job for a cheaper price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte