Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,556,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
They are talking about putting a park next the AAA ballpark. thats uptown.
We keep hearing that...and will believe it when I see it. Don't get me wrong...we hope they do. I am really looking forward to the new baseball stadium in Uptown too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,753,850 times
Yes, a large park in Uptown is actually already in development. Its going to be right beside the Panther's stadium. The County Commissioners bought the land when the city was trying to put the new arena on the same site. As noted previously, the hold up is mostly due to the baseball stadium situation. But it is in progress. You can read more about it in the link below...

ROMARE BEARDEN PARK

Link: http://www.third-ward.org-a.googlepa...older_Mtg4.pdf

Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
[quote=Carolina Blue;6854152]Yes, a large park in Uptown is actually already in development. Its going to be right beside the Panther's stadium. The County Commissioners bought the land when the city was trying to put the new arena on the same site. As noted previously, the hold up is mostly due to the baseball stadium situation. But it is in progress. You can read more about it in the link below...

ROMARE BEARDEN PARK

Link: http://www.third-ward.org-a.googlepa...older_Mtg4.pdf

What awesome artist renderings! Thanks for posting! I thought this was on hold along with the baseball stadium because of that idiot who keeps suing to stop the Knights from moving uptown?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM

75 posts, read 218,357 times
Just for the record, I contacted someone today that I would consider very credible about the park situation. As of now it's a go. They expect to break ground by late winter or early spring. They said it should take about a year to complete. It really looks wonderful. I think it would be a great asset to our city.

As for the incredible butthead that keeps delaying the Knights new stadium, from what I figure, he has ulterior motives. His claim is that he wants to hold out for MLB. Fine, if it's realistic, then it would be worth it. But not too long ago, I read that he was interested in purchasing the Knights stadium and surrounding property down in Fort Mill. He wants to make it an entertainment center; movies, bowling alley, etc. Well he would need a major draw to make it feasible...enter the Knights. So I think in the end, he is simply holding up the entire city for personal gain.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:42 PM

37 posts, read 165,359 times
I'm a big fan of the Sugar Creek Greenway and Charlotte's overall greenway plan. I've lived in Charlotte my entire life and it's by far the most creative thing the city has ever done. I took these photos a few days ago and you can really start to see just how nice the greenway should be when everything is finished.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
I'm a big fan of the Sugar Creek Greenway and Charlotte's overall greenway plan. I've lived in Charlotte my entire life and it's by far the most creative thing the city has ever done. I took these photos a few days ago and you can really start to see just how nice the greenway should be when everything is finished.

Dave, love the pics! Thanks for posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte