Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 PM

176 posts, read 566,295 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We have finalized a house to rent for the upcoming year in Berewick. We spent about 3 days looking at houses, and settled on one in Berewick.

As sometimes happens, seeing so many places causes the mind to confuse locations. Looking at Berewick's literature, it shows nice walking trails. I don't recall seeing these when we visited, and we did not get the chance to go back before returning home to Pennsylvania.

Does any Berewick resident have any info on the status of the walking trails similar to the photos in the literature? They looked so pretty and shady. I realize that Berewick is not finished yet, and it may be that these photos are depicting what "will be" at some future time. Or are these just "hype" marketing photos?

Thanks
Sandy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 05:55 AM

176 posts, read 566,295 times
Default "Bike trails and nature paths"

Does any Berewick resident know what I am referring to? Because of the shortness of time, we did not drive throughout Berewick. The literature references "easily accessible bike trails and nature paths througout the community."

I am just wondering if these are already in place and where they are located.

Thanks in advance,
sandy

Old 06-14-2008, 01:36 PM

20 posts, read 65,015 times
Default Trails in Berewick

We are in the process of buying a home in Berewick, we are closing next month. We drove through the subdivision several times and I do not remember seeing any trails. Like you said, maybe it's up and coming, as are a lot of ammenties not yet there. It is still a pretty new sub-division and that is why we chose to buy there. It should be really nice once everything is completed.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 PM

8 posts, read 23,577 times
Default Lies

They are not bike trails. They are death traps. You can't run on then bike on them or even walk fast on them. Just more crap to sell you s house. I have been here 2 years and have been told about all the great things going to be done. All I see is people not taking care of their yards and lies about about the town center. Sorry to be so negative, but someone needs to be voice of reason.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:03 AM

45 posts, read 165,643 times
I've walked one trail that connects KB and McCar off of Windy Gap Rd. I thought it was a decent trail. I don't know about it being a "death trap" though. Good luck with your house and welcome to Berewick.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,525 times
They are currently clearing for trails around the community. There are 2 that I know of. For more specific details it is best to e-mail [EMAIL="info@berewick.com"]info@berewick.com[/EMAIL]. They have always had timely responses.

As far as the trails being "death traps" I would say this is dramatized...though I was personally hoping for paved or rubber trails...the trails keep with thier natural element and have been packed down well for any activity (e.g. running, walking, biking, strollers, etc.). They are similar to any natural hiking/walking trail you would see.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM

182 posts, read 825,248 times
Default Walking Trails - Berewick

I live in the KB section and yes, there are walking trails along Windy Gap, but I haven't walked on them since early spring.
They were going to connect those trails with another section behind the homes on Seamill, but the owners complained
It just so happens that the trails would have ran right through our properties , so I guess they decided not to push it.
Berewick is a nice community and I hope you enjoy living there.
The Manor house has a lot of activites to offer and I really think that as the community developes, it will offer more to those who were told and are expecting more.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,137,971 times
you know, I agree! It started out kind of rocky, but has turned into more of a community in the last year. I think now that they are building the school and the small park, as well as that shopping center nearby, it will only get better.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 AM

84 posts, read 208,750 times
We don't live there but it's one of the neighborhoods we are researching before we decide to buy. I was in the KB area earlier this week and I couldn't believe all the kids and families that were out and about! It was really nice to see. People out walking, kids on bikes, playing basketball...it had a really nice feel to it...Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in

Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM

64 posts, read 151,438 times
Quick question, is anyone familiar with Callaway homes? I spoke with a builder in Berewick that mentioned Pappas has just released some lots to this builder. I've heard Callaway is on the lower end (price point) for builders. I wonder if this will impact Berewick and if so, how.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte