Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:00 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Brian, missed ya last night man..met the famous Doorway though, we had some Kearny chat. I did see a guy walking around the venue with a Dale Rolf jersey on, all bloodied, and he kept blurting out, "anybody see that bast_ _ _ Dave "the hammer Schultz"?

I was around you guys, I just didn't know who to look for so I had to rely on someone else to spot me.

Rolfe took Schultz on, God knows what he was thinking when he did that. Needless to say Rolfe was on the losing end of a few shots.

YouTube - Dave Schultz Vs Dale Rolfe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 AM

777 posts, read 2,569,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Woo-Hoo! Your's truly got his mug on the jumbo-screen for the Bojangles promo. They came up and asked if I'd like to be on the screen eating chicken...I asked what's the catch...they said nothing, just eat the Bojangles and smile for the camera. So I did. Now I am in the jumbo-screen hall of 15 seconds of fame!
Haha...I was one row directly behind you. My two year old daughter was standing right behind you when they filmed you. She just kept staring at herself on the jumbotron!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,906,226 times
I was there...section 106. Hopefully they'll give tickets away again!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:14 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,467,663 times
Sorry I didn't make my way to the top of the section between periods...I really wanted to. In all honesty, I flat-out forgot, and didn't realize until there was like a minute left in the break. Sawry! I did make it to the handy snack bar right behind 114 though...that was nice to see we had our own place right there, hidden from teh main concourse. Hardly any waiting in line!

In my over-excited state of eating chicken tenders, I crammed too much in my mouth and roughed up the roof of my mouth...all raw this morning. But hey, it was for free chicken! The least they could have done was be a little more timely though...I just sank $5 on popcorn literally right before they showed up! D'oh!

Even though I can hardly explain the definition of "icing" to someone, I enjoyed the game...definitely want to go back. I think it may be a good place to try to coordinate a more "official" C-D meetup. Ticket prices are cheap enough. I don't know how the logistics would work out, but maybe a group package could help get a discount too...

Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Haha...I was one row directly behind you. My two year old daughter was standing right behind you when they filmed you. She just kept staring at herself on the jumbotron!
I heard you talking to her! I was expecting someone setting me up for bunny ears (or worse...it was a hockey game after all!). It all happened so fast, all I remember was a blur. The few glances I did make at the screen, I noticed they were struggling to even get me in the shot...too worried about getting the floosie cheer leaders in there too...so my head was nearly cut off by the top of the screen! Imagine that...the star of the show! Almost cut out! I need to talk to my agent about that...

Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,831,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Thanks Nancy, we did go there at your suggestion. The food was very good and the service was quick enough to get us to the game. Not the usual pre-game atmosphere though. We had our kids so we had to lay low. I did have the tangerine chicken and liked it , but didn't taste any tangerine.
Oh, I am so glad you liked it and the price isn't bad either. Yes, the tangerine chicken has a bit of a kick to it. DH loves the sweet n sour chicken. I forgot to mention the egg rolls, they are the best!

When I worked at the arena I used to go all the time for lunch and got to know the girls, then I introduced DH to Soho & it's our favorite Chinese Restaurant. I think I may need a follow up soon.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,930 times
One thing about the popcorn, in terms of sports concessions, for five bucks it's still the best value, even though there's still a ripoff in there somewhere. That was a decent sized bucket that they give you. I bought one last night before the third period and I could've blown yello popcorn dust out of my mouth by the ten minute mark.

My wife'll tell ya...I fell in love (alright, call it lust...semantics, shmemantics) with this one brunette cheerleader last night. I tried getting a shot of her and all I got was this one semi blurry one but who cares.... swwwooooooonnnnn...

As far as the game goes, I was a little disappointed that Matt Ford wasn't playing as I think he was called up to the Wolfpack. He was the leading scorer on Charlotte and was turning some heads with his scoring touch. Another disappointment was not seeing Jared Knightingale, even though Cedrick Bernier did a nice job of filling the goon role (I sat in section 106 about 9 rows in back of the Checkers bench...he's a big boy...). Charlotte looked like crap in the first period and wound up looking decent in the second and third periods. I kinda like how they adopted the New York Rangers power play...pass the puck and give up the shooting lane. Overall, big crowd and a fun night last night.

If there is any interest, here's the part of the site with their group rates. They start at 15 people and you have an option of doing it again at half price. It seems like attack zone is probably the best deal, although you can take it to as low as ten dollars a person. I think we can easily meet that number if anybody wants to do this in the future (we probably could've met it with the amount of us who went last night).

Charlotte Checkers (http://www.gocheckers.com/udp.php?id=104 - broken link)

There's still a few Saturday games left for this season too, with a couple of Friday ones thrown in. Something to collectively toss around.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,984,568 times
I did have the spring rolls and egg rolls. We ordered the "Tower of Treats" so we all got to try a little bit of everything. My daughter ordered the pan fried dumplings as a meal and they rocked. I'd go back. Thanks again.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Took ya a while to get that box open. What were you doing over there? I thought you were going to be two rows in front of me in section 114 and in row M? I was looking for you...
The box was taped shut! They told me not to do anything to it until they started rolling for the live feed! I was set up to look like a bafoon! Then the guy announces to the whole arena "C'mon Steve! Just rip it open!" I wanted to scream out "I can't! For the love of all that is holy, I CAN'T! YOU TAPED THE BOX!!!"

Almost fumbled my 15 seconds...crisis averted.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:02 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,984,568 times
Could have been more embarassing.........You could have been the singer of the Star Spangled Banner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: