Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:02 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
No, not Keebler. Girl Scout cookies are baked and distributed by two bakeries. On the West Coast - ABC/Interbake Foods, and on the East Coast -Little Brownie Bakers. That's why occasionally someone from the opposite baker's territory will call the cookies by a different name. See this link for more info:

Girl Scout Cookies® and Learning Life Skills

I am a former Girl Scout leader, but my daughter is still an active Girl Scout. Her troop is raising funds for a trip to D.C. this summer. Thanks to all who support the good work of the Girl Scouts!
That link is dangerous, lol, they have recipes for the cookies!
She wasn't sure what the company names where, she thought Keebler was one on them. I don't care who bakes them, GS cookies ROCK!! YUM!!

BxRosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,274 times
Here is a list of everywhere they will be in Charlotte selling them (ie grocery stores etc)
Girl Scouts Booth List (http://gscoutcookies.com/boothlist.php - broken link)

Old 02-15-2009, 08:30 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,830,047 times
They're here, they're here!

The girl scouts were proudly selling them outside of my Harris Teeter this morning. Even though I ordered some from our local scout in the neighborhood, I picked up an extra box of Thin Mints. Oh, and they are gooood!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
The thread title reminds me of the restaurant scene in The Blues Brothers where Belushi slides his chair over to the snooty family and goes, "How much for the little girl. How much for the women. Your little girl, your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children".

I don't know why. It just does.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:38 AM

240 posts, read 732,163 times
Cool Girl Scout cookies spotted!!!

I just saw the Girl Scouts selling cookies outside Wal Mart at the Arboretum.

I did not buy any as my house is full of left-over birthday cake and i just cannot handle anymore delicious treats!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
OMG, where aren't they? Please buy their cookies!!!! I can't wait to be able to leave a store without having to say "no thanks" to a swarm of girl scouts.

(And yes, I bought four boxes from a co-workers daughter at the office)

Old 02-16-2009, 04:49 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,704,291 times
Saw some selling cookies outside the Harris Teeter on South Tryon yesterday - well the moms were doing the selling and the girl scouts were playing but who cares - they had cookies!!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:00 AM

My little neighborhood scout dropped my 4 boxes of thin mints off last night and I promptly put them in the freezer.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:31 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,322,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
My little neighborhood scout dropped my 4 boxes of thin mints off last night and I promptly put them in the freezer.
The freezer? I've promptly eaten several boxes already...LOL. (Oh, the pitfalls of having a Girl Scout in the house).

So far, I think our troop has sold about 1,500 boxes (we're starting to run low on the Thin Mints, so get them while you can!) Our goal is 3,000 boxes to fund a trip for the girls to D.C. So... eat those cookies and replenish your stash!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
The freezer? I've promptly eaten several boxes already...LOL. (Oh, the pitfalls of having a Girl Scout in the house).

So far, I think our troop has sold about 1,500 boxes (we're starting to run low on the Thin Mints, so get them while you can!) Our goal is 3,000 boxes to fund a trip for the girls to D.C. So... eat those cookies and replenish your stash!
Frozen thin mint cookies are the best! They are cold not really frozen solid. Another great snack, frozen grapes! Mmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte