Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:43 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Exactly. If you love someone you should show it every day, not just save it all up for one time a year. Such a commercial holiday. I'll probably just end up having flowers sent to my mom at work, maybe my sister will get some too, but her boyfriend should do most of the heavy lifting.
Can I get you to talk to MY sons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 06:10 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,047 times
I may just give my folks a call and talk to them. The rest will be nothing real special really, just a typical Saturday evening:

> 10 FIND RESTAURANT
> 20 BRING BOOK
> 30 EAT AND READ
> 40 FIND BAR
> 50 DRINK AND READ
> 60 GOTO 50

Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
I may just give my folks a call and talk to them. The rest will be nothing real special really, just a typical Saturday evening:

> 10 FIND RESTAURANT
> 20 BRING BOOK
> 30 EAT AND READ
> 40 FIND BAR
> 50 DRINK AND READ
> 60 GOTO 50
You parents will really appreciate the call! On my birthday, I often send my mom flowers. Kind of nice when you are a parent and your adult child remembers you on special occasions (especially when it is unexpected).

Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 AM

286 posts, read 1,045,450 times
I want to take my DW to the Custom Shop. Luckily her younger brother is in town so we an watch our little one for an hour or two.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Well, I got lucky. I had sent some Christmas gifts from Omaha Steaks, so they sent me a $20 coupon. They called and asked if I would be interested in a special they had - chicken, beef patties, filet mignon, stuffed potatoes, potatoes au gratin, apple tarts. A very nice package wh/ cost me less than $50 w/ my $20 coupon. (I asked them to reduce the shipping - and to my delight - they cut it in half!!!)

So . . . I am fixing those filet mignons, potatoes au gratin and apple tarts (add whipped cream), along w/ asparagus and hollandaise sauce, wine, and yeast rolls and coffee. . . for a very nice Valentine's Dinner. I really don't think we could have gotten a nicer dinner at Morton's. I think DH will be very pleased!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 12:32 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Here is something I plan on doing. It's simple and not a new idea, but still works wonders. If you have kids you can involve the kids. I plan on providing a breakfast in bed for my wife, with the nice napkins, the fresh squeezed oranage juice, fruit with honey, favorite breakfast food (omelet, etc.). My daughter and I will bring it in in the morning. She's already making a home made card for her mom.

Obviously everyone's living situation is unique so some variation of that may work. And, it will only cost you the price of the ingredients for the meal!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Here is something I plan on doing. It's simple and not a new idea, but still works wonders. If you have kids you can involve the kids. I plan on providing a breakfast in bed for my wife, with the nice napkins, the fresh squeezed oranage juice, fruit with honey, favorite breakfast food (omelet, etc.). My daughter and I will bring it in in the morning. She's already making a home made card for her mom.

Obviously everyone's living situation is unique so some variation of that may work. And, it will only cost you the price of the ingredients for the meal!
I love breakfast in bed! And what a neat thing - involving your daughter. You wife will be very pleased, I am sure!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:54 PM

74 posts, read 142,707 times
I'm actually going to the Anti-Valentine's Day party that is going on at Suite in the EpiCenter. Should be FUN!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:50 PM

403 posts, read 878,129 times
I have already told my husband not to plan anything for Valentines Day. Since one of his favorite movies is Sleepless in Seattle...I am going to try to create something a bit romantic....everything will be done at home! Just received the music from the movie in the mail...it will be played while we have dinner that I am going to make. Of course, I will have candles...and the lights down low. After dinner we will have our dessert while watching Sleepless You can't find being that comfy in a restaurant...use your imagination...who wants to dress up anyway...Have Fun...Your way....with your Valentine!!

Old 02-08-2009, 07:32 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times
I planned out a dinner at Sullivan's a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte