Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 AM

47 posts, read 187,590 times

Advertisements

Charmeck.org apparently refers to the city of Charlotte, not Cornelius. I just contacted the animal control officer in Cornelius, who was by the way super nice, and he told me that Cornelius has no restrictions on breed or number of dogs per household. he is very involved in finding homes for stray dogs and I am looking forward in getting involved with their cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 09:17 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,979 times
Red face Dog park

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnmouse View Post
yes, that's what I am trying to do. But with who? Is there no other website source other then calling Russ? Ie a County website with Code and/or animal control info?

Are they not the cutest.. Dobies are great to hold your sofa cushions down....

Does anybody know about Dog Parks in Cornelius, Davidson or Huntersville?
Love the pics!

There is a dog park somewhere here called Ramsey Creek, I believe it is part of Mecklenburg County Parks but I’m not certain exactly where it is. Seems like it's either Huntersville or Cornelius. I'm looking forward to bringing my puppy there but she's only 14 weeks old and the pups need to be 4 months old, and you need to provide proof of their vaccines.

My big girl (6, almost 7, YOA) can go but can't do it without the baby... Kimber needs socialization! I used to take Karmel to the dog park outside of Ft. Lauderdale all of the time. I believe it’s a good experience and Kimber needs it, too… I haven't paid much attention to the details because I can't take Kimber, yet, but I've heard it's really nice. Also, I guess you have some kind of electronic pass or wand or something, and it costs $35/yr./dog, I think but it might be cheaper for a 2nd dog. If you google Ramsey Creek Dog Park, you'll find it. If you don't, pm me and I'll try to track it down for you.

I'd like to find some dog sports in the area, possibly for the puppy, and kind of a hobby, not serious competition. Curious if anyone knows of any. From how I understand it, Raleigh is really the big area for that and not really interested in driving there...

Old 03-27-2007, 01:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
You said Cornelius. Call the Cornelius police Dept and ask for the Animal Control guy.

There are not "Dog Parks" in the immediate area but they are pet friendly with places to place your dogs "stuff" in the garbage etc. You can be fined for not cleaning up after your pet.

www.cornelius.org will get you going in the right direction for phone #'s etc.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.
There is a dog park in Cornelius and several in the Charlotte metro run by the Parks and Rec Dept. As the previous poster said, it is at Ramsey Creek which is off of Nantz Road on Lake Norman. Go to the Parks and Rec website for Mecklenburg County for more info. When you buy a pass to enter as the prev poster talked about, you need to show vaccination records for your dogs.

Also, there are two doggie daycares in the Lake Norman area-- the Bed and Biscuit and Camp Wagging Tails. Niknaxx, you may be interested in this for socialization of your baby! At both, dogs must got through an evaluation day to ensure they get along with other dogs. Both facilities have in-ground swimming pools and a ton of amenities. It is run as though it was a daycare for human kids, complete with supervised play time, snack time, nap time, etc. Hope that helps--

Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 PM

Oh that sounds like fun. anybody have recommendations for nice boarding facilities as well? Not looking for small cages but at least rooms with runs etc.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM

I looked up the application form for the parks...what happens if you want to take 4 dogs? Can you only register 3? Can I register 2 and my husband 2?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,150 times
Quote:
I looked up the application form for the parks...what happens if you want to take 4 dogs? Can you only register 3? Can I register 2 and my husband 2?
Seems to be a good workaround

I totaly forgot about the Park at Ramsey Creek. Its more of a Park inside a Park if that makes sense at all.

There are plenty of luxury boarding facilities in the area. Tha's one thing you will not have to worry about.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Oh that sounds like fun. anybody have recommendations for nice boarding facilities as well? Not looking for small cages but at least rooms with runs etc.
Barnmouse, I really think you'd like the two places I named in my previous post-- Camp Wagging Tails and Bed and Biscuit. I'm telling you, they are the Ritz of doggie boarding. They do daycare and overnight boarding. I personally use both but am partial to Camp W.T. Some amenities:
- Astroturf instead of grass at Camp WT, so no muddy paws
- In ground pools at both facilities
- Supervised, structured playtime and strict drop-off/pick-up times to facilitate structured play and nap times without interruption.
- Webcams-- watch your dogs play.
- No cages at Camp WT, and nice roomy quarters at B&B.
- All dogs are screened to ensure safe, friendly play.
-Awesome indoor and outdoor play areas
- At Camp WT dogs get a toddler bed and a TV to themselves in the deluxe suite, or in the next category of suite down they get a nice cot. No sleeping on the floor for anyone!

My dog is a regular and I would HIGHLY recommend!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:30 PM

Thanks. sounds like I should go myself....scheduled nap times? I am up for that! LOL. do you have website links for either one by chance? I'll try to Google them up.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:21 AM

Sure! Here you go:

http://www.campwaggingtails.com/

http://www.meadowsbedandbiscuit.com/

Camp Wagging Tails is off of Bailey Road in Cornelius (if coming from Hwy 115, turn on Bailey and the Camp Wagging Tails in on the right; or cut through Oakhurst neighborhood and follow Bailey for 1/2 mile, and it's on the left). Bed and Biscuit is on 73, right at Brown Mill Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte