Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:58 PM

26 posts, read 75,453 times

Advertisements

Hey,

My husband and I are looking to relocate to Charlotte before the start of the next school year, he is a banking professional (IT/web administration)..

We visited Charlotte last year looking for places to live and were following a couple of job leads...I am sure one of us could have knabbed a job with just a little more time. Anyway, besides the Charlotte Observer, what are some other sources to look for employment?

I am NOT interested in hearing about how bad the economy is, because I serve a God who is above this economy...My two cars are in my private driveway and my husband just got a new position last year with a sign on bonus that made me laugh..because it was so much...So, I know that God is able...

So, what were those newspapers, web sites to look for jobs? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 03:52 PM

102 posts, read 285,259 times
simplyhired.com
workinretail.com
ladder.com
snagajob.com

Old 03-13-2009, 04:19 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,400,042 times
indeed.com
craigslist
careerbuilder
company sites

Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,759 times
There's a difference between being a faithful follower of God and just plain sticking your head in the sand.

Please, please, please DO NOT MOVE HERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A JOB LINED UP!

Here are some eye-opening articles:

NC agency says Jan. jobless rate hit 9.7 percent - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/03/11/ap6155310.html - broken link)

WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-How low will Charlotte unemployment go?

This is the Bible Belt there are plenty of people praying for jobs and still not finding employment. Pray all you want...the facts are the facts. The situation in this area is severe.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:44 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biHizgrace View Post
...............I am NOT interested in hearing about how bad the economy is, because I serve a God who is above this economy...My two cars are in my private driveway and my husband just got a new position last year with a sign on bonus that made me laugh..because it was so much...So, I know that God is able...

Old 03-13-2009, 04:51 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,693 times
I wouldn't even work....just go out to the mailbox and get all that money god is going to give you.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:19 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,830,047 times

Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 PM

129 posts, read 339,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
This is the Bible Belt there are plenty of people praying for jobs and still not finding employment. Pray all you want...the facts are the facts. The situation in this area is severe.
Severe is not the word to describe Charlotte. A little difficult maybe better.

Staving in Africa , or torture in N. Korea is severe. Charlotte is paradise.

Turn off your TV and look around.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
There's a difference between being a faithful follower of God and just plain sticking your head in the sand.

Please, please, please DO NOT MOVE HERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A JOB LINED UP!

Here are some eye-opening articles:

NC agency says Jan. jobless rate hit 9.7 percent - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/03/11/ap6155310.html - broken link)

WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-How low will Charlotte unemployment go?

I don't recall stating that I would relocate without having a job lined up...And who said anything about prayer...and what in the world does NC being the Bible belt have to do with anything? With all due respect, I will reiterate what I stated earlier- I am not interested in hearing about how bad the economy is. I said that I serve a God that is above the economy and that He is able- and He has proven Himself to be just that.

And in terms of "sticking my head in the sand", because I have faith in God for something that seems ridiculous to obtain...now that is comical. Three months ago, I was undressed on an operating table, preparing to have a breast operation. Right on the table, I prayed to God for a miracle- so that I would not have to have the procedure done. Sure enough, withing minutes of that prayer, the ultrasound picture had changed. I got up, got dressed, and walked out of the cancer institute...but according to you, I might as well "stick my head in the sand"...Hmmmh

On to the job search.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
I wouldn't even work....just go out to the mailbox and get all that money god is going to give you.
I am so surprised and saddened by the immense sarcasm. Furthermore, the next time you want to insult someone, make sure you use correct grammar. It might actually cause someone to care about what you have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte