Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:12 PM

396 posts, read 1,631,165 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping for some input on restaurants. What is your favorite restaurant for your anniversary?? Someplace nice and I don't care where it is. Thanks, as always. What did newbies do before there places like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 05:18 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
I'm hoping for some input on restaurants. What is your favorite restaurant for your anniversary?? Someplace nice and I don't care where it is. Thanks, as always. What did newbies do before there places like this??
I posted about this before, so it may sound familiar. One of the best meals I have had all year was at a new place in south Charlotte on Ardry Kell at Rea Rd - 131 Main. The outside architecture looks like something Frank Lloyd Wright would have designed - so you can't miss it! The food was excellent. Everything on the menu is fresh, everyday. They don't even have freezers in the kitchen supposedly. The service was awesome and the ambiance very nice for an anniversary celebration. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. AND, they make all their own desserts fresh daily - it was SO good!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
Default found address

I was interested in this restaurant as my husband starts work there in a few weeks (and I'll be visiting on some weekends, we'll need to EAT!)
I found the website, they even post the menu

http://www.131-main.com/locations.cfm (broken link)

Joan

Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
Loves,

You are correct about the no freezer thing. I have spend many a night there with friends, family and client's.

The food is very, very good for the price. Atmosphere as well.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I posted about this before, so it may sound familiar. One of the best meals I have had all year was at a new place in south Charlotte on Ardry Kell at Rea Rd - 131 Main. The outside architecture looks like something Frank Lloyd Wright would have designed - so you can't miss it! The food was excellent. Everything on the menu is fresh, everyday. They don't even have freezers in the kitchen supposedly. The service was awesome and the ambiance very nice for an anniversary celebration. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. AND, they make all their own desserts fresh daily - it was SO good!!

Is there another one in Cornelius? I think I went to a place with that name in Cornelius. It was FANTASTIC! It was the best I've been to so far.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Is there another one in Cornelius? I think I went to a place with that name in Cornelius. It was FANTASTIC! It was the best I've been to so far.
YES!! That was their first location, Ardry Kell is their second So glad you can confirm what I was saying about how wonderful the meal was!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Loves,

You are correct about the no freezer thing. I have spend many a night there with friends, family and client's.

The food is very, very good for the price. Atmosphere as well.
I was shocked at how affordable it was for a special occasion night out on the town myself! Any faves you would recommend I try next time I go?

Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
Save room for the Banana Cream Pie!!!! It's awesome. I've had the Prime Rib, Ribs, Roasted Chicken. My wife likes the Salmen and the other fish dish.

AWESOME PICK...

We tried the City Range Grill that opened in the old Adams location on Johnston Rd in Ballantyne. Very good experience!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM

178 posts, read 875,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I went there for dinks a few weeeks ago with friends that love to go there for the french dip sandwich-YUM! They have an outdoor patio with a fire pit that is very inviting.

I will add another romantic favorite- The Fig Tree. It is located on 7th street in Elizabeth near downtown where you can experience Seasonal Continental Cuisine with French & Italian influences in one of Charlotte’s Registered Historic Landmark homes in the charming Elizabeth neighborhood. Fireplaces in the rooms- excellent food !!! www.charlottefigtree.com

Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 AM

396 posts, read 1,631,165 times
Thanks so much, everyone. Both sound great....now I'm hungry!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte