Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,250 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all:

I saw this on another thread (but now can't find it!)

Someone posted that the new retail development in Cornelius off of the proposed exit 26 is not going to happen for at least a year. When I told my Northstone neighbors this rumor yesterday, they literally jumped with joy!

Any updates on the real deal? Is this project delayed/not happening? Many of us in the area don't want to see it happen. More retail that is not needed + more traffic + roads that can't handle the traffic = not cool!

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 12:52 PM

13 posts, read 46,319 times
Developers didn't know about a moritorium on new Interstate exits for two years. The new ramp was the selling point for the retailers to commit to leases. Somebody didn't do their homework. This after they have already paid out big money to the landholders.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:11 PM

Also why is it that people move to an area, then when others try to move in also they say the area is to small? Was it already to small when the first people moved in?

Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,250 times
Um, that post really does not make sense to me, but my concern was for the retail that is not needed anyway causing traffic on a two lane road. I lived in Oakhurst up until a couple of months ago, and the traffic is bearable now but putting a retail development only a bit smaller than Northlake mall in that spot is ridiculous, even with widened roads.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 PM

The area is growing, there will be "pains", some people will leave because of them. Many more will flock to the success then they will say" not in my backyard. lol

Old 03-26-2007, 02:33 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,736 times
They are also planning yet another Gandy community on Bailey Road. I would be more opposed to this than the commercial district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: