Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 PM

362 posts, read 1,346,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrat View Post
Very sad, Maybe they feel that bananas are biodesposable and will eventually be taken in by the environment. Unfortunately it looks bad for a long time.
And it attracts bugs and rodents, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 08:44 PM

134 posts, read 439,034 times
[QUOTE=Waiting2go;523653][quote=Apple Annie;523545]Doesn't mean she is a southerner or even from NC. The odds are very good that she is not.

QUOTE= So your saying someone from NY or NJ came down here and stole a car with North Carolina plates on it so they can litter. Face it, most of the littering that is going on is from SOME residents that could care less about the area. The soda bottles, empty food containers, etc I see could not be from all the out of state people only

I was driving down I-26 recently to Asheville and saw a guy in a car with Maryland plates out a soda bottle. But I'm not going to conclude that Marylanders are pigs. Also, if I'm not mistaken, when you move to another state, you have to get plates for that state. My cousin works at the DMV in Raleigh and they are very busy issuing plates to new residents. Just because someone has NC plates does not mean they are NC natives. When I lived in Florida, alot of people assumed that too.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM

743 posts, read 2,245,128 times
Just because someone has MD plates does not mean all people in MD are pigs. They may have just been passing through, who knows. It is not just one particular group from any given state, its everyone as a whole. You could have a guy from MD throw out a soda bottle, a girl from NY throw out a banana peel, another kid from TX throw out an empty McD's bag. There are pigs in every state and unfortunately it is just another growing problem in a growing city where lots from other areas are now living. Maybe they should consider an Adopt a Highway program where an organization or group can adopt a section of the highway and they are responsible for keeping it clean. But then again I would not volunteer for 485, LOL. But it's an idea.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:27 AM

89 posts, read 283,199 times
Default Garbage On The Roads!!!!!

It is terrible that we all have to experience this happening. But the reason in my opinion has to do with the pains of growth and progress in any city or town. People come from everywhere specially from foreign countries where it is for manny people, costumery to toss any thing out the window or as you are walking in the park. Manny contries do not educate their citizens the way it is tried in the U.S.A. . WE have come a long way in the training of our citizens the DO and DON"TS about thowing garbage from a car ,etc. Big fines are given in some states if you get caught,and that has deterred some to be more consious on the matter. Adds on the media help to remind you and parents/teachers are training kids in an effort that they do not do it. " DON"T BE A LITTER BUG " Back to my reasons that this is happening is because I have experience it in my adopted city of Miami. How nice and clean it was! How much respect there was for the laws, how peacefully we lived 45-50 years ago! But all that changed when the great influx of people sudendly arrived with their costums and lack of understanding of how we live in their new country/city. I see people of all walks of life throwing garbage as they drive or walk, some in Lexsus or Mercedes others on VW. or Kias,no matter what their " financial status" is to do what they are not suppose to do. Normally there is no respect for trafic signals,blowing the car horns at will and disrespecting the costums by disposing of their garbage innaproperly. It all comes down to EDUCATION/TEACHINGS/EXAMPLES. The same can apply to northeners,locals,people from inland/hills that come to the city for better job opportunities and living conditions.Others could be "THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS" that need to go against the rules due to their hormonal development that goes with age. All we can do is respect the law and others will notice,and perhaps start a campaign to carry a bag in the car as it was done years ago as a "fad" and maybe it will catch on again. COLLECT ALL YOUR GARBAGE AN DIPOSE OF IT PROPERLY CHARLOTTE, BE PATIENT, YOUR CITIZENS CARE AND WILL HELP TO SAVE YOU AS WHAT YOU ARE " THE QUEEN CITY "

Old 05-31-2007, 03:31 PM

134 posts, read 439,034 times
Default Clarification

QUOTE md to nc Just because someone has MD plates does not mean all people in MD are pigs.

I didn't say that. I said that you can't apply the actions of just one Maryland resident to all Maryland residents. But you are right. There are slobs in all states. However, I think it's safe to say that the majority of people in any place are considerate and do not litter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte