Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:30 PM

47 posts, read 117,401 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about the apartments Heatherwood and Bershires on Providence? Is this a safe location, What major highways, what shopping is near, what is the high school in the area? ANY info would be very helpful! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 04:53 PM

23 posts, read 85,255 times
I just moved to Charlotte last month and looked at Berkshires on Providence. I also looked at a couple of other apartment complexes in the same area and was a bit uncertain about the area. I decided on an apartment on Quail Hollow Road and so far, feel very safe there. I think that Berkshires on Providence is in a questionable neighborhood. Just my opinion, but I would pass on both of those apartment complexes.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 PM

47 posts, read 117,401 times
Default Providence Rd is it safe?

Thanks for the respond, could you be a bit more specific?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,155,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Ysrayl View Post
Thanks for the respond, could you be a bit more specific?
Those apartment complexes don't fit in to the rest of the neighborhood there. That part of town is fine, EXCEPT for those apartments.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Those apartment complexes don't fit in to the rest of the neighborhood there. That part of town is fine, EXCEPT for those apartments.
Agree. I would keep looking.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 PM

3,364 posts, read 9,981,089 times
I used to live in what is now called the berkshires, they used to be called Providence Square Apartments.

If you like near that area suggest you look
Strawberry Hill
4101 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28211

or

Arboretum Apartments
7700 Arboretum Drive
Charlotte, NC 28270

Last edited by flyingscotsman; 04-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,308,463 times
For the third time...Providence Rd is about 20 miles long from uptown down into Union County. 99% of it is extremely desirable to live along. In fact, it's some of the best real estate in Charlotte - the ONLY part of it you would NOT want to live along is at these apartments you keep asking about. Maybe this is not what you want to hear, but it's true.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
I like Scotsman's suggestions.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,585 times
Bershires on Providence has nice apartments. Some of the remodeled ones are very nice. I have lived here for over a year and have had no problems. The people are nice but there are a lot of kids. There is a pool, workout room, and tennis courts. I have always felt safe in this area (I lived in Laurel Walk before) but I do know that there are some problems with Heatherwood. This is really not a bad area to live in. It is close to the Arboretum and just about anything else. Good luck in your apartment hunting.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,194 times
Smile Neighborhood Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen33 View Post
I just moved to Charlotte last month and looked at Berkshires on Providence. I also looked at a couple of other apartment complexes in the same area and was a bit uncertain about the area. I decided on an apartment on Quail Hollow Road and so far, feel very safe there. I think that Berkshires on Providence is in a questionable neighborhood. Just my opinion, but I would pass on both of those apartment complexes.
I grew up in that neighborhood and a Charlotte native. I respectively disagree with your statement about the safety of the Brookshires on Providence apartments. Like any city that is in a high income area, crime is slowly creeping it's way towards that area because of the wealth of the residents, however you never hear or read anything in the news or newspaper, about crime being a problem in this area. Right across the street is the Carriage House, an assisted living community. I have several elderly friends that live there and they feel safe and never complain about crime, however crime happens no matter where you live. It doesn't help that our City chooses to put low income housing right in the middle of these areas. Sorry to say that those communities bring in people that are of no fault of the residents, a place where drug users and crime associated individuals often visit family members that are law abiding citizens.
This can often gives the appearance that these types of people live or scope out these neighborhoods. It's a fact of life, we judge others by what they wear and the color of their skin, often associating them with crime or those that commit crimes, when that can be nothing but further from the truth.
While I respect your opinion, I also noticed that you are from out of town. Before you make statements that generalize communities, you should either live there or talk to residents before you make an overall evaluation of the community and housing. My parents live about a mile or less from this area and have never experienced any incidents, but the fact is, it can happen in the best of neighborhoods and probably near of in your very own neighborhood, even where you currently live.
Good luck and may the Lord watch over you, making sure you are never a victim of senseless crime in our great city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: