Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,444 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone, it is great to find this place and this is my first post:-) I will relocate to Charlotte in September and my job is close to the UNCC area. I hope to find a house in a nice, convenient (close to shops) and family friendly community with good schools and within half an hour commute to where I work. People have mentioned Ballantyne and Matthews to me. Do you have any suggestions or recomendations? Thanks very much! oh, I forgot to mention, my bugdet is below 300k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
You will have many choices in that price range. Both Ballantyne and Matthews will be at the outer range of your commute only because you would be going against traffic. You may also want to consider western Union County (Somerset and Hunter Oaks) as well. Give us a little more guidance as to what you prefer in a home/community, for example, older vs. newer, size of home, lot size that sort of thing.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
You will have many choices in that price range. Both Ballantyne and Matthews will be at the outer range of your commute only because you would be going against traffic. You may also want to consider western Union County (Somerset and Hunter Oaks) as well. Give us a little more guidance as to what you prefer in a home/community, for example, older vs. newer, size of home, lot size that sort of thing.
Thanks very much for you information. that is very helpful. I will look into the areas you mentioned. I am looking for a 3-4 bedroom with 2 car garage. I would hope the lot to be not too small, at least 0.2 and the house younger than 10 years.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:01 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
You will have no problem finding a home for under 300K. I think the commute will be the biggest obstacle. I suggest Matthews b/c you can use 485 to get to UNCC or Huntersville which eventually (2012) will have 485 access to UNCC as well. I think Huntersville has more of the shopping you mentioned in the OP. 300K will find you a 3 bedroom and probably a 4 bedroom in these areas right now. Both are safe and appealing parts of Charlotte. Good luck and welcome!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:01 AM

156 posts, read 407,680 times
You could also consider Cabarrus County. It would be a very quick commute to your job, has a lot of nice new neighborhoods, is close to Lake Norman, and has great schools.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Lots of good areas in the University area too. As well, you'll find your commute to be 15 minutes or less.

Last edited by Hoagie58; 04-30-2009 at 10:50 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 10:47 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquepig View Post
Hello, everyone, it is great to find this place and this is my first post:-) I will relocate to Charlotte in September and my job is close to the UNCC area. I hope to find a house in a nice, convenient (close to shops) and family friendly community with good schools and within half an hour commute to where I work. People have mentioned Ballantyne and Matthews to me. Do you have any suggestions or recomendations? Thanks very much! oh, I forgot to mention, my bugdet is below 300k.
Huntersville is another option for you, MANY homes in your price range and a nice place to live. Look at Monteith for example, love the homes there

Old 05-12-2009, 07:55 PM

10 posts, read 21,532 times
Lake Norman area is the fastest growing and great area!! Check out Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville. Good luck

Old 05-17-2009, 02:08 PM

35 posts, read 89,405 times
Hunter Oaks has some excellent values at this point.If you need to know more let me know as I am on the Board and know the community well

Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzy View Post
Hunter Oaks has some excellent values at this point.If you need to know more let me know as I am on the Board and know the community well
Did you miss the part of the op's post where their job is at UNCC and they want to be convenient to it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte