U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
 
Location: SC
1,118 posts, read 2,040,003 times
Reputation: 570
Default Night life for those over 40

I have found plenty of places in Concord to go to since this is where I landed first. But moving soon to Charlotte.

Is there any bars/clubs for an older crowd and their type of music likes? Music from the 50's to 90's?

I know Uptown is just swarming with neat places, but they seem geared to
the 20-30 something crowd.

How about us older folks?

I don't know anyone in Charlotte, except my 20 something co-workers, who are great, but we're in different genres now :-) so besides not knowing where to go, I have no friends to rely on to ask.

I'm not much into church functions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
42,254 posts, read 49,022,483 times
Reputation: 33526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I have found plenty of places in Concord to go to since this is where I landed first. But moving soon to Charlotte.

Is there any bars/clubs for an older crowd and their type of music likes? Music from the 50's to 90's?

I know Uptown is just swarming with neat places, but they seem geared to
the 20-30 something crowd.

How about us older folks?

I don't know anyone in Charlotte, except my 20 something co-workers, who are great, but we're in different genres now :-) so besides not knowing where to go, I have no friends to rely on to ask.

I'm not much into church functions.
Hi! I answered your pm, but when I try to reply I get a message saying you are not accepting private messages? Maybe you need to go in and activate that feature??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Crown Town
2,662 posts, read 3,750,071 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I have found plenty of places in Concord to go to since this is where I landed first. But moving soon to Charlotte.

Is there any bars/clubs for an older crowd and their type of music likes? Music from the 50's to 90's?

I know Uptown is just swarming with neat places, but they seem geared to
the 20-30 something crowd.

How about us older folks?

I don't know anyone in Charlotte, except my 20 something co-workers, who are great, but we're in different genres now :-) so besides not knowing where to go, I have no friends to rely on to ask.

I'm not much into church functions.
Someone else askes a similar question a few weeks ago. I offered that I know the bar at Mickey and Mooch in the Arboretum is a pretty popular hang out for older crowds. There are also supposed to be a couple of places in Ballantyne with the same concept; resturants that also have "hopping" bars that cater to older crowds. Unfortunatley, I've never been to either of those and I can't remember the names of the places. Perhaps another poster remembers or you could also ask around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:18 PM
 
Location: SC
1,118 posts, read 2,040,003 times
Reputation: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hi! I answered your pm, but when I try to reply I get a message saying you are not accepting private messages? Maybe you need to go in and activate that feature??
I think I realized that a couple of minutes ago. I am so sorry. When I first signed up for this forum, I was not thinking people may want to send a private message...duh-a !!

I think I fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
42,254 posts, read 49,022,483 times
Reputation: 33526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I think I realized that a couple of minutes ago. I am so sorry. When I first signed up for this forum, I was not thinking people may want to send a private message...duh-a !!

I think I fixed it.
worked that time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, home of the NY/NJ refugees
1,384 posts
Reputation: 275
Live music at Blue and Madisons. I'm 30, and one of the younger ones there. More sophisticated crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-06-2007, 07:25 AM
 
227 posts
Reputation: 82
My wife and i discovered the Visulite Theatre recently. very cool place for live music. Not always for over 40. Your not going to find any 80's music there i dont think. http://www.visulite.com/

Pick up a copy of Creative Loafing for entertainment listings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:20 AM
 
Location: SC
1,118 posts, read 2,040,003 times
Reputation: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Live music at Blue and Madisons. I'm 30, and one of the younger ones there. More sophisticated crowd.
What part of Charlotte is this place located in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, home of the NY/NJ refugees
1,384 posts
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
What part of Charlotte is this place located in?
Uptown. Blue is in the Hearst Tower, front entrance on College Street. Valet park or from College turn on 6th and the parking deck is on the left. Madison's is on 5th street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top