Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
DME DME started this thread

24 posts, read 76,449 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I was looking at homes in the Cedarfield area. Mature neighborhood....each house has it's own style, mature landscaping. Anybody have any comments about it, either good or bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
excellent neigborhood, very quiet except tuesday lol because that trash day but that probably universal lol .

Both pools are decent and the HOA makes sure the upkeep and equipment furnishings is up to standards for the pool and neighborhood.

During these warm weather months I alway seem to pass someone walking their dog or pushing a baby stoller and so far I find people friendly.

During the holidays residents can volunteer to decorate the neigbhorhood village stone street signs off of stratton farm rd. with lights and a bow. Certain streets look like a winter wonderland with tasteful holiday decorations. There is a baby coop program if needed and a swim team for the little ones if you have them. Also in neighborhood newsletter there a list of neighborhood young entreperneurs to assist baby sitting and yard maintenance etc.

Amenities: Pool for each of the two Cedarfield subdivisions, basketball court, monthly newsletter to stay update on latest happenings, Main roads are kept well landscaped, a pond, Two nice size fields that local kids often play soccer, or football on. One has a walkway across field over to the pool.

At one of the entrances you can go walk on the paved greenway to escape into nature.

Great location for shopping in huntersville, hospital within 3 minutes, Northlake mall or going to Mountain island lake or lake norman.

If your car in shop there a local city bus to take you to grocery store, hospital or to park n ride to go uptown charlotte.

Most of homes that do go on market tend to sale quick.

Here is local neighborhood information website click on cedarfield sun for latest newsletter articles and better idea. http://www.cedarfieldplantation.com/

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-21-2007 at 12:14 AM..

Old 04-21-2007, 11:17 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
Yes Cedarfield was the First true neighborhood to be built in the Huntersville area. It started in the mid to late 80's the previous post covers alot of your questions.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:03 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME View Post
Hi all, I was looking at homes in the Cedarfield area. Mature neighborhood....each house has it's own style, mature landscaping. Anybody have any comments about it, either good or bad?

The area looks really nice and the prices in there are great. I don't think you can go wrong. Maybe I should have bought in there. I could have saved some$$

Old 07-31-2007, 09:53 AM

95 posts, read 385,966 times
I live in Cedarfield. There are alot of homes available right now. They usually go quick and the prices keep climbing. This was exactly what we wanted, Trees, a big yard, cul de sacs, well kept neighborhood. It was the most impressive neighborhood we found when we were searching.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-31-2007 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: soliciting

Old 07-31-2007, 10:43 AM

62 posts, read 221,460 times
What schools do kids in Cedarfield attend? My husb and I checked out this subdivision, and love it, but am slightly concerned about the public schools in Huntersville...

Old 07-31-2007, 10:49 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea2010 View Post
What schools do kids in Cedarfield attend? My husb and I checked out this subdivision, and love it, but am slightly concerned about the public schools in Huntersville...
Schools are Hopewell High School, Bradley Middle and Torrence Creek Elementary. The elementary and middle are pretty high scoring schools, but Hopewell is pretty middle of the road to less than desirable in their scores. Maybe someone here has a child there and they will comment on what it is really like.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM

Elementary (broken link)Torrence Creek
Middle - Bradley
High - Hopewell High

Hopewell made the newsweek top 1300 USA High Schools at rank 336

If you do choose here and needs directions of some good back roads in case of traffic just ask here and I will share.

I also have some photos of subdvision in this photo guide http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...rrounding.html

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-31-2007 at 11:01 AM..

Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 AM

85 posts, read 263,904 times
What are the HOA dues?

Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 AM

The fees around 350 a year includes the two pools, clubhouses, lights on stratton farm rd, landscaping etc. I can go around take photos of the houses with for sales signs if you like.
Only I will not go into some of the cul de sacs that are deep in the subdivision due to I always have trouble figuring my way back out lol. I will have to wait for my sweetie with their gps unit.
I remember when I first moved here I thought I was trapped til I realize the streets with sidewalks eventually lead to a main road.

Where I grew up 3 right turns will take you around the block lol but not here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte